What's new

BOURBON TALK

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tried some Four Roses Small Batch the other day $33. Not bad, much better than the regular line. I think it could replace Elijah Craig for the #4 spot.

I still prefer Bulleit and Buffalo though.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I have never heard of that one and it's not on the online listing of Wheated Bourbons. Can you tell me a bit more about it? Who makes it and where is it available?
"At its launch, Bernheim Original Straight Wheat Whiskey was the first truly new variety of American straight wheat whiskey introduced since Prohibition. Heaven Hill Master Distillers saw an opportunity to give today's whiskey connoisseurs a unique taste experience. Bernheim was the only straight whiskey to use winter wheat as the primary grain in its mashbill, giving it a soft, sweet flavor and medium finish.

Today, on the front of the bottle, Bernheim proudly displays its finest attributes: Kentucky Straight Wheat Whiskey, small batch, and a 7 year age statement. With an age statement of 7 years, Bernheim Original Wheat Whiskey truly is well worth the wheat. It is the only straight wheat whiskey distributed nationally. As a straight whiskey, it meets the same criteria as Bourbon or rye—aged a minimum of two years in new, charred oak barrels, distilled at less than 160 proof, and contains no coloring, flavoring or blending agents. As a small batch product, it is made with a dump of 100 barrels or less."

Trust me...it's worth the hunt.....

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Funny you like it that way. I find that the closer it is to room temp, the better. The last sip in the glass usually being the best.
Agreed. I can't stand putting good booze in the fridge or freezer. Something like Jack? Sure, I don't care. I'm drinking that for effect, not flavor.

Even if I choose something high proof and drink it on ice, I'll usually drink it comparatively quickly to avoid cooling it too much - as well as too much dilution.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have them all neat. High proof will get a splash of water or an ice cube on a warm day. Ice/Cooler temperatures tame the complexity a bit the splash of water tames the heat (proof) and in some cases opens the flavors up a bit

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just started drinking bourbon a couple months ago, so by no means am I experienced at all. So far I've bought bottles of: Knob, Makers, Bulleit, Russell's 10 year, Buffalo Trace, and Eagle Rare.
So far my personal favorites are:
1. Eagle Rare
2. Buffalo
3. Russells
4. Bulleit
5/6: Knob and Makers are even

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yes you luckily have a looooooong way to go. Go get em johnny. Lol

It's almost as fun as cigars and when you get one you don't like just throw it on the shelf SOMEone will come over and help you out lol

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Dude I am not even slightly exaggerating ...not even hyping it up when I tell you that is 1 of 3 walls. The only one with enough light on it that I could get a pic of. The other two walls are stocked just as fully and they use those old librarian/law office rolling ladders to access the bottles.

I also found out that you can smoke upstairs. In finding out that info I caught to guys about to light cedar wrapped sticks ala young Jeezy. I stopped them instead of taking the pic lol.
I'm new to bourban..... So it's all new to me

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well did some side by side comparisons between Two Star, Buffalo Trace and Four Roses Small Batch, and surprisingly I preferred the 4 Roses over Buffalo Trace.

Two Star seemed very strong but very smooth with strong woody notes. It tasted more whisky like than bourbon. One of these days I will get my hands on some Eagle Rare