What's new

Boveda Acrylic humidors

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got me too @GoBison. I saw this post and thought it would be a great budget solution to store a few hundred assorted singles to pick up some age. I went on Amazon and, in my defense this was at 2 AM after a couple drinks, didn’t look at the specs before ordering. I’ve been waiting for a big ole box to show up for a week now thinking Amazon lost my order. I finally got around to opening a pile
of assorted amazon stuff I got for my dogs and found this.

View attachment 117183

I laughed myself silly. I should have revisited the thread to see your follow up. This little thing will be hard pressed to hold 50 smaller sticks let alone a few hundred. Sooooo, yeah...not gonna do it. Nice solution for someone who’s looking for small capacity storage at a good price though. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
That looks so empty...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the risk of bringing a dead thread to life... I recently got the large Boveda humidor, figured I'd share my initial impressions.

The good: It is much heavier and more solid than I expected, which makes it feel quality. The lid fits nice and tight. And the sticks do look awful pretty and shiny in there. The tray lifts out easily and the boveda packs sit under it. The dividers are easy to move, but stay put in the various slots securely. No seasoning, just let it air out overnight to get rid of a slight plastic smell, and loaded it up.

The not so good: It is a bit smaller than I expected. But like most humidors, you can probably reach the stated capacity if you stack and cram them in. And obviously the price, as this thread has already covered.

I'll see how it maintains RH over the next few days. Be happy to post a few pics this weekend if anyone's interested.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
At the risk of bringing a dead thread to life... I recently got the large Boveda humidor, figured I'd share my initial impressions.

The good: It is much heavier and more solid than I expected, which makes it feel quality. The lid fits nice and tight. And the sticks do look awful pretty and shiny in there. The tray lifts out easily and the boveda packs sit under it. The dividers are easy to move, but stay put in the various slots securely. No seasoning, just let it air out overnight to get rid of a slight plastic smell, and loaded it up.

The not so good: It is a bit smaller than I expected. But like most humidors, you can probably reach the stated capacity if you stack and cram them in. And obviously the price, as this thread has already covered.

I'll see how it maintains RH over the next few days. Be happy to post a few pics this weekend if anyone's interested.
Yeah, definitely post some pics!!:sneaky::whistle::angelic:

Jody

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Instead of cedar blocks you could line the bottom part of the humidor (under the bovedas" with the cedar sheets that come in many cigar boxes.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0

The cedar blocks are not very sexy, I know. I just wanted to see how much of a difference they make. Overall I'm pretty happy with the humidor. It still hasn't hit 69%, but that's probably because I keep opening it :cautious:
That thing looks nice!!! The acrylic is pretty thick. I’d probably get rid of the cedar entirely & just use the boveda packs. I keep all my stuff around 65% & the house temp stays at 70. All of my sticks stay just fine rested in that environment. And DAMN YOU, because now I want one again!!! That price tag just sucks though!!!