What's new

Bow Hunters

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I am in the fledgling stage of bow hunting. I was gifted a bow from a good friend when he bought one. I am damn accurate on targets out to about 40 yards, now I just have to harvest something with it! :)

Preston

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
The wife and I have been talking about taking it up. May have to reach out here when that time comes!
Its great for husband and wife's

My wife and I shoot off our deck all summer long just about everyday. We set 5-6 targets up throughout the yard! and have a blast,

my son took his first monster buck in the youth hunt in 2012 with a bow, have it all on camera, talk about pumped up will post a pic give me a second

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I used to, gave it up due to time constraints.

Just bought a new bow around Xmas because my youngest wanted to learn to shoot. So he and I will do a few 3D shoots this summer for the fun of it. Not sure I'll try to carve out hunting time though.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I used to, gave it up due to time constraints.

Just bought a new bow around Xmas because my youngest wanted to learn to shoot. So he and I will do a few 3D shoots this summer for the fun of it. Not sure I'll try to carve out hunting time though.
that's my wife she don't hunt but loves to shoot!

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
The wife and I have been talking about taking it up. May have to reach out here when that time comes!
and also now that you and your wife are having twins its great bonding time when they get older! I think we as a family have more fun trying to out shoot each other in the summer months then anything else we do!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Bow hunter here... Profile pic is my first bow buck. Been very lucky since then to have gotten to shoot the animals that I have.
Helps living in a "game rich" environment.
Shoot a Mathews Creed. Backup bow is a Hoyt Carbon Element.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
You tube how to videos is probably the simplest way to learn or at least get started.

Make sure you pace something like a hay bail or 2 behind the target this will help to stop the arrows if he misses.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Got my son a bow for Xmas and have no clue as to how to teach him to use It (he's 11) any help is appreciated
See if there's an archery range near you, and then see if there's anybody competent working there. That's how I initially learned.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Got my son a bow for Xmas and have no clue as to how to teach him to use It (he's 11) any help is appreciated
See if there's an archery range near you, and then see if there's anybody competent working there. That's how I initially learned.

Very good advice here ^^^

You become pretty loyal to archery shops (like everything else) but I can truthfully say that there haven't been many shops that I have been in where the service/attitude wasn't great. Google and see if there is a shop with a range around... if there is, they will usually offer lessons for very affordable rates. After a couple lessons your son will have the necessary skill to hit the broad side of a barn. If he still likes it after a while and wants to shoot competitively than you can look for more specialized teachers.
Hope that helps

Also, don't be intimidated when you go into shops. Hunter and bow hunters especially are amazing people and are more than often willing to bend over backwards to help.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Bow hunter here. Love the thrill and rush you get with a buck 15 yards away. Been shooting Hoyt for 6 years now.
You said it Brother! There is no feeling like it! I love when they walk directly under you and you let the air out of them with the arrow blowing right through them! Sorry I got a little excited! :) I've been shooting Mathews for about 7 years.

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
Bow hunter here. Love the thrill and rush you get with a buck 15 yards away. Been shooting Hoyt for 6 years now.
You said it Brother! There is no feeling like it! I love when they walk directly under you and you let the air out of them with the arrow blowing right through them! Sorry I got a little excited! :) I've been shooting Mathews for about 7 years.
Know exactly what you're saying! Two years ago I had what should of been a ten point do exactly that. My luck had it he lost an antler in a a fight. I let him walk to never see him again :'(