What's new

Bow Hunters

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Bow hunter here. Love the thrill and rush you get with a buck 15 yards away. Been shooting Hoyt for 6 years now.
You said it Brother! There is no feeling like it! I love when they walk directly under you and you let the air out of them with the arrow blowing right through them! Sorry I got a little excited! :) I've been shooting Mathews for about 7 years.
Know exactly what you're saying! Two years ago I had what should of been a ten point do exactly that. My luck had it he lost an antler in a a fight. I let him walk to never see him again :'(
I did the same thing. Had a monster 8 pointer stop broadside behind a brush top at 20 yards. I decided to wait for a better shot that never came! Made me sick. I took a few years off to help my wife with my baby girl. I've missed being in the woods!

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
Bow hunter here. Love the thrill and rush you get with a buck 15 yards away. Been shooting Hoyt for 6 years now.
You said it Brother! There is no feeling like it! I love when they walk directly under you and you let the air out of them with the arrow blowing right through them! Sorry I got a little excited! :) I've been shooting Mathews for about 7 years.
Know exactly what you're saying! Two years ago I had what should of been a ten point do exactly that. My luck had it he lost an antler in a a fight. I let him walk to never see him again :'(
I did the same thing. Had a monster 8 pointer stop broadside behind a brush top at 20 yards. I decided to wait for a better shot that never came! Made me sick. I took a few years off to help my wife with my baby girl. I've missed being in the woods!
Hope you get out this year man!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hope you get out this year man!
Thanx Bro!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I primarily bow hunt here, but it's a bit different in the western US. 15-20 yard shots are few and far between...30-45 tend to be the norm on mule deer. Most of the folks I hunt with are proficient to 60 yards, but it takes a ton of practice.

Having someone to help your form is nearly a requirement since you can't see your own posture at full draw & release. I would find a 3d archery club and start going to some of their meet-ups. Those folks tend to offer a good balance of target and hunting experience based feedback.

There's a great activity specific forum out there called archerytalk. Tons of info there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bow hunted for the first time this past season and now I'm addicted. Didn't get anything but I enjoyed myself so much it didn't bother me in the least.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bow hunt and shoot tournaments. Opening day is only a few weeks away now, but not sure how much time I'll get to enjoy the season.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Avid bow hunter. It started when I was an early teen but didn't pick up again and get serious until I was 21. Only get about 1 deer a year but not always with a bow. Been shooting Bear bows my whole life. Shot my first and only 8 pointer back in 2010. Don't have access to any private land except for 2 years when I killed the 8. My season starts 9/6 in MD. Been busy trying to get my new Mauler tuned up.
Here is a pic of my 8 pointer. He has one brow tine that is bent straight back.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Didn't get a deer last year while in Va. First day out last night back in MD and nailed a nice doe. About 12 yds away horking down apples on public land right at last light. Late night but didn't care.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
You go after the front shoulder instead of the pocket too? My friends give me help over it, but I got tired of solid hits further back since you have to chase them down in the thick brush afterwards. No shoulder, no run. Congrats.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
You go after the front shoulder instead of the pocket too? My friends give me help over it, but I got tired of solid hits further back since you have to chase them down in the thick brush afterwards. No shoulder, no run. Congrats.
Yeah I wasn't trying to hit quite that far forward. Rage 3 blade blew through the front side shoulder and buried in the offside. Caught very front on lungs and an artery. She only went 25-30 yds.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Another bow hunter here. I transferred to San Diego a little over a year ago, and it killed me not to be able to hunt this past year. Training now for a DIY OTC Colorado Archery Elk Hunt in September. Can't wait. Currently shooting a Mathews Z7, but thinking about checking out the Elite E32. Glad to see others here on this forum.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Time got the best of me this year, again. Never got out and hardly shot at all. Going to try again this year and hope for better results.