What's new

Bow Hunters

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I used to shoot 5 times a week as a teen. The owner of the shop let us shoot for free to keep us outta trouble. I out grew my bow and sold it. I high sided a crotch rocket and messed up my rotator cuff about 6 years ago. Its finally getting back to were id be comfortable shooting again. Hoping to get me a bow later this summer if I have the $ and the time

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm just getting into the sport. I finally got my bow set up and I'm going to start practicing this weekend. I bought the bow from a friend. It's a Mathews Switchback XT. I got a case, arrows, bow, sight and a few other goodies for $450.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Nevermore ^^^…… Please do not ever sell that bow!!!! That was my first bow about 8 years ago and I sold it for something "newer and better". Let me tell you this. You will never find a smoother bow then that right there. The only bow I have found that even cam close was the Hoyt Carbon Element with the RKT cams. You will not be the slightest bit upset with that purchase. Enjoy shooting !

I am going to look through my old archery stuff and see if I still have any of the accessories that I had that matched that bow. If I do, they are all yours! Have to do some digging though. You can never have too many accessories hahahahah

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nevermore ^^^…… Please do not ever sell that bow!!!! That was my first bow about 8 years ago and I sold it for something "newer and better". Let me tell you this. You will never find a smoother bow then that right there. The only bow I have found that even cam close was the Hoyt Carbon Element with the RKT cams. You will not be the slightest bit upset with that purchase. Enjoy shooting !

I am going to look through my old archery stuff and see if I still have any of the accessories that I had that matched that bow. If I do, they are all yours! Have to do some digging though. You can never have too many accessories hahahahah
I have been told by a few people that I got a hell of a deal on the bow. I am happy with it even though I haven't shot it yet. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. My father in law shoots regularly and has targets set up in the back yard. If you find the accessories let me know I would be happy to take them. (y)

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
3rd time out this season yesterday. Been seeing tons of deer.
This was the view from my stand on public land in MD.

Had 2 8 pointers and a fawn come out into the open grassy area at about 50 yds. They fed toward me and got a shot on this 9 pointer. Main frame 8 with a small drop time. Would have had matching drop times but broke the other one off at some point. Biggest buck, fist public land buck, and first buck in 7 years. I'm stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
3rd time out this season yesterday. Been seeing tons of deer.
This was the view from my stand on public land in MD.

Had 2 8 pointers and a fawn come out into the open grassy area at about 50 yds. They fed toward me and got a shit on this 9 pointer. Main frame 8 with a small drop time. Would have had matching drop times but broke the other one off at some point. Biggest buck, fist public land buck, and first buck in 6 years. I'm stoked.

Turns out a guy on the Maryland Whitetail forum I'm on had trail cam pics of him.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Went to check on my stand after work today for the rut coming up to find this.

Not only did some dickhead steal my tree stand, but he put posted signs up on land he doesn't own

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Went to check on my stand after work today for the rut coming up to find this.

Not only did some dickhead steal my tree stand, but he put posted signs up on land he doesn't own

I'd go have a conversation with him and take him on a field trip to show him the boundaries if that's the case and tell him to give you your damn stand back.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'd go have a conversation with him and take him on a field trip to show him the boundaries if that's the case and tell him to give you your damn stand back.

Wish I could but I don't know who it is. I know the land I hunt is owned by the water authority they're not the one putting up the signs. Also none of the signs have a name or address on them like they're supposed to. The guy who owns the land next to it said he thinks it's someone who lives at the other end of the woods doing it to try to scare off other people so he can have his own private space. I found 2 other treestands in there and left a note on them but I doubt that'll get me anywhere

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Just got my new Halon 6 last weekend. Time to hit the woods this coming weekend. Rut should be in full swing, but this super moon may mess up any daytime movement. We'll see!