What's new

Box of ruined LP T52s

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm always irked when I get cigars dumped in the bottom of the box with no packing material underneath them. It makes no sense, yet it happens all the time, even from large and well-respected e-tailers.

Take a look at the videos at the bottom of this post. This is what carriers do to packages, and vendors should be packing our cigars to survive that kind of abuse.

Maybe we should start a "post a photo of how your cigars were packaged" thread to see which vendors pack well and which don't.

I ship everyday with UPS and Fedex. THEY DESTROY BOXES!!!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
For what it's worth I'd ask the vendor to open and inspect the cigars before he ships the replacements. Maybe he has a storage problem that he's unaware of and by doing so you're helping him out. If the replacements are just as dried out I'd send JD a pm letting him know who the vendor is that's selling his product in that kind of condition. There are B&Ms that would gladly give DPrice's right nut for a chance to carry the Liga Privada line, if this is how this vendor treats them than maybe his account should be given to someone else. Just saying.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems odd that only Liga products that are messed up get posted on this site.
To be honest, it doesn't seem that odd to me considering how many posts there are in general about Liga products. Now if the only posts on the forum about Liga were bad, I would see your point. I don't think a couple of posts about some unfortunate experiences with Liga are anymore than a byproduct of the overwhelming interest and love of their products by those on this board (myself included).

I see what you guys are saying, but I don't think JD's above and beyond customer service should prevent anyone from ever creating a thread about something crappy that happened to their DE cigars.

The blame clearly wasn't placed on DE, he didn't mention the vendor and is going through proper measure to have this rectified. Can't a guy just share something crappy that happened with his cigar brethren?

Just my thoughts on the matter. :)
I agree with this as well, and in fact, would make a case that as a manufacturer, I would WANT to be informed about situations like this. It's just me, but if I'm making a product, I'm dependent on my resellers to represent my product as high quality and deliver my product to the consumer in the same manner that I provided it to him.

Just my opinion, but if I'm DE and I find out that a vendor is haphazardly shipping my product like this thread depicts, I'd give serious thought to yanking his allotment and giving it to someone that's going to take care of my product before it gets to the end user. With the considerable demand for this particular product, I'd suggest the vendor needs Liga more than Liga needs the vendor.

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once got a box of beetle-infested CAOs from a vendor, and they wanted them back, so they could return them for credit. What is likely to happen in this case is that the vendor returns the trashed cigars to Drew Estate, who ultimately pays for the vendor's poor shipping practices.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I once got a box of beetle-infested CAOs from a vendor, and they wanted them back, so they could return them for credit. What is likely to happen in this case is that the vendor returns the trashed cigars to Drew Estate, who ultimately pays for the vendor's poor shipping practices.
Too much of that and DE will surely pull their LP lines from this vendor. The free market rocks like that!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's an interesting point I never thought of. Is it normal practices for the manufacturer to be on the hook for what clearly seems to be a vendor's issue? If so, as a manufacturer, I'd be even more diligent about making sure my vendors handled the product well. Given the picture posted of the shipment in question, there's no way DE should take a hit for this.

Palmettoguy

42-28'48'' N
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
The vendor sent me his last box of T52s in Belicoso. Site says the Robusto are still in stock...Im considering allowing him to replace the ruined ones w/ those along w/ the price difference. But, then again Im not to sure about it. He still hasnt responded to the pic of the sticks i sent him.
Side note: Are all LP vendors suspossed to state they are an authorized vendor?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for cold weather being the explanation, I have never had this happen when I have ordered cigars here in Minnesota in the winter.

It sounds as if the vendor is responding appropriately though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vendor sent me his last box of T52s in Belicoso. Site says the Robusto are still in stock...Im considering allowing him to replace the ruined ones w/ those along w/ the price difference. But, then again Im not to sure about it. He still hasnt responded to the pic of the sticks i sent him.
Side note: Are all LP vendors suspossed to state they are an authorized vendor?
I'd work with them and allow them to do the replace. It's not like it's going to cost you anything more, a return shipping label was sent with the order right? If so, I'd use it and let them replace and recupe you. Working with them is the best result, and allows them to make it right.

The manufacturer may have the box RMA'd, and yes they'd take a hit on that, but I promise if you talked directly with the manufacturer they would do the same thing as well, even though the fault wasn't theirs. They just know to use a better shipper, and in the case of a middle man vendor like the one you used, may look at them a little less favorably until they step up their game.

Free markets do rock for this exact reason. I'd let them try it, and if those come in all crazy looking like this, then contact the manufacturer directly and report the vendor. The manufacturer would then make it right, more than likely, since they want to keep you as a customer, and it allows them to engage your vendor more directly with evidence that they aren't be represented to the customers properly. :thumbsup:

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an interesting point I never thought of. Is it normal practices for the manufacturer to be on the hook for what clearly seems to be a vendor's issue? If so, as a manufacturer, I'd be even more diligent about making sure my vendors handled the product well. Given the picture posted of the shipment in question, there's no way DE should take a hit for this.
Usually, there is no incriminating photo, just a box of trashed sticks. Just the "cost of doing business."

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the OP if you wouldn't mind PMing me the vendor. My lips will be sealed, I just want to know who to avoid being I do order my fair share of Liga and sometimes who has it in stock is the determining factor rather than who has the best price.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Man, those look like someone played football with em. I'd be pissed enough to start a post if I received a box of smokes like that, no matter who the manufacturer is!

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I got a plastic-sealed box of LP9 belicosos online. The tips of every smoke looked like your T52s, but nothing else looked wrong. I kept the box as part of the tips get cut off for smoking anyways. So far they have been fine. Sorry for your bad luck.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
as i have not seen someone post one yet, a comparison shot of a WELL packed box.

these guys will be getting my business again! and once again, sorry for the tragedy, OP, and good luck with the resolution!

Attachments

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Sorry you have to wait for a replacement / refund.

I think we all agree, DE is NOT at fault here; it's the vendor's care, custody and control that caused the damage, either before your purchase or by their shoddy shipping methods.

My Secret Santa ships a box like no other! Plenty of bubble wrap and air pillows! And it's not because he has a "return customer's" interest in mind - it's simply that he's conscientious enough to care about the product!

Bottom line - switch vendors.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
SMASHED BOX OF LP T52.

Friends,

I'm in Lake Tahoe on my first vacation since I met Strife two years ago on Long Island. My wife is sleeping and I wanted to check BOTL to see whats poppin.

Here is my analysis of the "shituation" ...

1. It hurt the heart to see those T52 Bellys smashed like that, especially since the only shipment that left Nica since January 2011 was in August (and it was only 600 boxes).

2. Brother Palmetto Guy must have been scratching his head when these damn things came in and posted. He posted for genuinely good reasons, and he is going to be squared away, by Vendor or by me, ASAP, cause that ain't right.

3. Some of the Brothers who mentioned that the PalmettoGuy could have contacted the vendor first before posting have a point, as they have seen some manufacturers get taken advantage of in the past, but this is NOT the case this time around. Palmeto Guy is legit. I will say though, that it makes a man feel good to know that people care about him (so thanks for looking out for JD, it means a lot to me). All points are right on this one in my sleep, one eye open, opinion.

4. While most likely, the vendor is a legit vendor, it may be the case that he is not. I would rather not know this time around, cause .... well ... save that for another day. Unfortunately, because of the "REAL" limitations of the LP Brand, it has really sucked that we have not been able to get all of our retailers the LP line, and some have taken steps to purchasing them from "friendly" retailers who do have them. I, personally, prefer not to get into this mess, as I only want to make everyone happy. (I get that from my mother).

5. Finally, Palmetto Guy, my advice is this ... If the vendor is willing to send you the T52 Robustos and credit you the difference for some other good stuff (and he has other stuff you like), then do it. The Robustos are going to smoke great and are well aged, I assure you. Don't miss out on these vintage T52's - as they should be damn tasty. Please send your Vendor the photo that our brother posted about how to wrap an expensive box of cigars the right way. * And by the way, don't even bother shipping them back to him. If he makes you, tell him "NO". If he says he will only credit you if you ship them back, respectfully say "NO" and I will take care of it 100%. Don't waste your precious time on this one. There is no question of what took place.

6. Growing up in a hard working middle class family, I have to say that I have tremendous respect for the hard working dude, and UPS/Fedex is no exception. These guys deserve a lot of respect for what they do and have to put up with. Sometimes however, they throw a package around and (a box that has no cello) and has not been well packed by your VENDOR will get smashed. Your Vendor should be ashamed of himself for packing expensive sticks like that, and this is ultimately his fault. Just inform him and I'm sure he will improve his shipping style. Most vendors are good people.

Finally, brother Palmetto Guy, if this Vendor does't respond to you by tomorrow, please post it right here on this thread and John Brooke and I will get your covered with something good to make up for it. Honestly, i have zero T52, but have No.9 coming in weekly, and all sorts of other goodies. JD and Drew Estate will never let any Legit complaint go without doing our best. Sometimes we may be a little late, or mess up, but we always get it straight eventually.

Much respect. * I WON'T be thinking of any of you while I am skiing down the mountain today or stuffing my fat face with eggs and biscuits and gravy or eating my corned beaf hash. I am so damn hungry. This is only a two night vacation, so i have to get every nook and cranny out of it.

ITS A BAIT FISH AND ILLUSIONE 68 KIND OF TIME.

Also, finally finally, happy holidays to ya ...

JD