What's new

Breakfast aficionados

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Boooooo!! I had a bowl of cereal this morning, and I had to mix it with cheereos because there was very little fruity pebbles.

There was no eggs, nor bacon... my house sucks right now.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Our most common, but not daily breakfast, is 'bacon egg and bagel". I only use thick cut bacon, and always use a bacon press. Eggs over easy. Bagel toasted, and buttered. Often, I'll add a nice thick slice of cheese as well.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Our most common, but not daily breakfast, is 'bacon egg and bagel". I only use thick cut bacon, and always use a bacon press. Eggs over easy. Bagel toasted, and buttered. Often, I'll add a nice thick slice of cheese as well.
Sounds like a little slice of heaven in its own right!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Can't believe how many of you take the time to actually *make* breakfast. I wish I had that amount of time in the morning, but unless I get it from that restaurant across the road or mc d's (sausage mcmuffins ftw) it will usually end up being toast & pb with a coffee for me.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
With my diabetes and "old" age, I am trying very hard to eat right:

Plain, nonfat yogurt with blueberries tossed in, and coffee.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Can't believe how many of you take the time to actually *make* breakfast. I wish I had that amount of time in the morning, but unless I get it from that restaurant across the road or mc d's (sausage mcmuffins ftw) it will usually end up being toast & pb with a coffee for me.
That's why I said, for mine at least, that it wasn't a daily thing. Our daily breakfast is yogurt with granola, coffee, OJ. It's more for the nutritional factor, than anything time related.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The wife makes me some serious huevos rancheros with homeade salsa, fresh avocado, ranch eggs, fresh cilantro and homeade corn tortillas, dollop of sour cream....incredible!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm trying to get my butt in shape, or at least a shape other than round. I love breakfast and you can't beat eggs, bacon, grits (Dirty South represent!), pancakes and more bacon just to be safe. But, I've had to cut that back so I've been making these breakfast burritos that are much healthier and pretty tasty, too.

I saute some baby spinach, mushrooms and diced peppers with a small scattering of diced ham then add 2 eggs worth of Southwest style egg beaters and cook it up, throw in a bit of low fat cheddar and toss it on a whole wheat tortilla, top with salsa and roll it up. Good stuff!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Since I am getting back into shape, I have changed my diet. Currently my daily breakfast is oatmeal mixed with protein powder and blueberries.

When I get the urge, I eat the following:

2 eggs over easy, corned beef hash, hash browns, crispy bacon, and chicken fried steak. Add some Tabasco and pepper...then cut it up and mix it up :)

Breakfast burrito consisting of sausage (Chorizo every now and then), eggs, and finely diced potatoes.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I don't recommend this for every day or every week-end for that matter, although growing up, it was pretty much how we started each day... :yes:

Several years ago, I was at my hunting lease in the Texas Hill Country and went to one of the local restaurants for breakfast. I ordered "Spider Tacos"; fried potatoes, refried beans, bacon and hot sauce. Holy Cow! That was among the best breakfasts I had ever had at a restaurant! So, I started making them at home. A change from the usual chorizo and eggs breakfast I posted earlier in this thread.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I don't recommend this for every day or every week-end for that matter, although growing up, it was pretty much how we started each day... :yes:

Several years ago, I was at my hunting lease in the Texas Hill Country and went to one of the local restaurants for breakfast. I ordered "Spider Tacos"; fried potatoes, refried beans, bacon and hot sauce. Holy Cow! That was among the best breakfasts I had ever had at a restaurant! So, I started making them at home. A change from the usual chorizo and eggs breakfast I posted earlier in this thread.
Looks like BOTL is coming to your house for breakfast from now on ;) lol

That does sound like a be all end all breakfast if I've ever seen one, though, unfortunately you can't get good Mexican inspired food up this way :(

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Looks like BOTL is coming to your house for breakfast from now on ;) lol

That does sound like a be all end all breakfast if I've ever seen one, though, unfortunately you can't get good Mexican inspired food up this way :(
Unless you make it all yourself, meaning... make your own tortillas, sauce, season yourself the beans, etc. Not the exact same thing, but somewhat close, in this case for me, close to home :wink:

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1

Deeee-freakin-licious!!

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Teach me to cook good Mexican? :)
Haha, damn... I barely cook and I say barely because lately I've been doing some cooking. But when I get to learn well I'll let you know.

Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Did you make those tortillas yourself? Whenever I make my own they turn out much fluffier... I think I need a press.
I think making them by hand are the best, I love 'em thick.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Did you make those tortillas yourself? Whenever I make my own they turn out much fluffier... I think I need a press.
Tortillas are out of the Kroger Deli - they make em fresh several times a day. I just reheat them on an electric griddle. Pinto Beans out of the can, refried in about 4 tbs of the bacon drippings and mashed with a fork until soft. Hot sauce consists of 3 large jalapenos, 1 med tomato, 2 garlic garlic cloves, about 1/4 onion soft-boiled on medium in a saucepan (about 20 mins). Combine in a blender and "stir" on the lowest setting until reaching desired consistency. Add salt and black pepper.

You can if you have the meshing ingredient... If you can find the beans and flour tortillas, PM me your addy and I'll cook you up a jar!