What's new

Breakfast aficionados

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Portuegese hash: Ground chourico with pepers and onions and shredded potatoes. Hit it with a little stone ground mustard and put it on grilled cornbread and topped with poached eggs. Effn awesome. Sometimes I like to finish it with jalepeno hollondaise.

Also I like seared foie gras on buttery brioche with poached duck eggs and black truffle hollondaise.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Portuegese hash: Ground chourico with pepers and onions and shredded potatoes. Hit it with a little stone ground mustard and put it on grilled cornbread and topped with poached eggs. Effn awesome. Sometimes I like to finish it with jalepeno hollondaise
Can't go wrong with chorizo!

I make a similar dish with ground chorizo, cubanelle peppers, onions, diced potatoes and ribbons of kale served over scrambled eggs or with fried eggs on top.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Portuegese hash: Ground chourico with pepers and onions and shredded potatoes. Hit it with a little stone ground mustard and put it on grilled cornbread and topped with poached eggs. Effn awesome. Sometimes I like to finish it with jalepeno hollondaise.

Also I like seared foie gras on buttery brioche with poached duck eggs and black truffle hollondaise.
Both of those sound stellar, though I'm not sure how I'd take goose liver lol

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sure love eggs! sometimes i'll have 'em over easy with bacon, sometimes in an omelette. these days, i'm having 'em lightly scrambled (pan scrambled) with some fruit on the side.

if i'm not doing eggs, it's yogurt and blueberries.

and i love tea, right now. i go through phases of coffee drinking and tea drinking.

love breakfast, though!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Growing up on a farm, we lived on a huge breakfast. Today with my work (12 hour shifts, rotating) I eat breakfast sometimes 3 times a day.

I mix mine up with the standard bacon, sausage, ham, liver (I'am a liver lover) homefries, grits, eggs (love omlets), pancakes, waffles, biscuts and gravey, oatmeal, coffee, orange juice, milk.

Have not got to the exstream my grandfather did and that was mix in with his scrambled eggs twice a week 2 chopped up nightcrawlers (worms). But he lived to 96 and was throwing hay bails around at 95.

Earl

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Don't knock the foie till you had it. Its nothing like calves liver at all. I hate that stuff, But foie gras is heavenly. Seared especially is my favorite. Its salty and crisp on the outside and so creamy in the middle. If anyone has the opportunity to try it I highly reccommend it.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Don't knock the foie till you had it. Its nothing like calves liver at all. I hate that stuff, But foie gras is heavenly. Seared especially is my favorite. Its salty and crisp on the outside and so creamy in the middle. If anyone has the opportunity to try it I highly reccommend it.
I like to cook but I've never really delved into the gourmet side of things, any resources for either of the two recipes you listed?

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
amen! don't bogart the foie my friend, pass it on over to me............

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm cooking, it's bacon followed by rye toast fried in the same pan to soak up the grease, then eggs scrambled with peppers, ham and monterrey jack cheese. Some orange juice and a loose leaf english breakfast tea. When I'm done, an Oliva G.

Best thing ever if I need to grab a breakfast on the go: pumpernickel bagel, vegetable cream cheese, tomato, bacon.

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
I like to cook but I've never really delved into the gourmet side of things, any resources for either of the two recipes you listed?
They are pretty much my own recipes and I have not yet written my cookbook. My wife wants me to and she wants me to go on Hells kitchen and I'm am refusing both right now. I'd be happy to send them to you or any other recipes anyone else might need.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
They are pretty much my own recipes and I have not yet written my cookbook. My wife wants me to and she wants me to go on Hells kitchen and I'm am refusing both right now. I'd be happy to send them to you or any other recipes anyone else might need.
Hells kitchen? Wow, I knew you were a food guy but thats something.

I'm open to all things food, I like to experiment, even if it ends badly but as of late I'm tired of "regular" cuisine and I've been looking for an opportunity to really expand my culinary horizons, send away

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
first corn of the summer is in! fry up some hashbrowns with corn cut from the cob and a little grated parmesan cheese till it's lightly brown and caramelized. top with a fried egg, over easy and submit to the cholesterol gods!!!

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My goto is half a dozen eggs and half a pound of bacon. My wife usually does cereal.
On special occasions, I have biscuits with a slab of bacon explosion that has been smoked, sliced then pan seared till crispy. They are good with eggs, frijoles, taters, salsa and anything else I've got. Bacon will improve anything, but smoked bacon explosions take everything to the next level.

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
My breakfast usually consists fo a Latte or whatever bold coffe is up for the day at starbucks and a slice of bannana walnut bread... I wish I woke up early enough to make B-Fast

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My biggest meals of the day are at breakfast and lunch while sticking to smaller snack like portions for the remainder so I was wondering if there are any others out there like me who really enjoy cooking up a good breakfast? If so, what are your favorite meal ideas?
I'm VERY active all day and I start my day with a BIG meal. At least 4 eggs every morning, sliced fruit, tomato, and generally some steel cut oats.

Since I can't always eat like that some weekends I bring out the fat....

This was a mascarpone stuffed french toast with candied banana chunks (glazed in a simple sugar and lightly sauteed), cinnamon almond slivers and of course a bit of whipped cream. My lady was very happy when I woke her to this and a big cup of home roasted coffee. :eyequiver