What's new

budget sticks and Introduction

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsoccer135, Chuck usually means well, what we're trying to say is, the introductions thread gives you an opportunity to tell us about you and your love of the leaf. This place has a wealth of information and is truly a Brotherhood. Your post would have been better served if it was placed in the Cigars section. Read some of the links I posted and it will make a little more sense. I don't know if you are a member of any other cigar forums but this one is different than any one I have ever been a part of. Please take the opportunity and make a new introduction if you choose. Here are a few more links I found that might answer some of your budget/less expensive but still good cigars questions.
http://www.botl.org/threads/the-official-budget-stick-thread.46021/
http://www.botl.org/threads/yard-gar-budget-stick-car-gar.69498/
Thank you... I'm 30 live in Ft wayne Indiana. Been smoking cigars for about 4 years now but just now really trying to learn more about them instead of just smoking them so I can really figure out why I like what I chose to smoke. I'm married have a son and another on the way. Love sports, beer, whiskey, burbon, and scotch.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Thank you... I'm 30 live in Ft wayne Indiana. Been smoking cigars for about 4 years now but just now really trying to learn more about them instead of just smoking them so I can really figure out why I like what I chose to smoke. I'm married have a son and another on the way. Love sports, beer, whiskey, burbon, and scotch.
Check out smallbatch, sign up for their mailing list. They shoot out 20% off deals with free shipping very often. That will allow you to pick up some great sticks that u will enjoy as opposed to buying other low end sticks or 2nds that u might not enjoy a few weeks from now.

Stop by chat sometime, great group of guys here.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Tatuaje, warped, drew estate, myfather, padron, duran
Hey, welcome to BOTL. You've posted some great brands, but the trouble is they all make cigars across the full spectrum. Give us an idea of what aspects you like, what your favorite flavor profile is, etc.

Offhand, I'd recommend you try:
-Ramon Bueso Genesis Habano, $2 - My worst-kept secret. If you like the natural My Father stuff, the Warped corojo stuff, this will be perfect for you.
-Genesis Project/AJ Fernandez anything - $2- These will hit more along the lines of the darker, earthier stuff from the brands you listed
-JLP/Quintero Favoritos - $2-3 - Bargain bundle CCs, these will hit more along the lines of the milder, creamier Warped/DE stuff, MF Connie, etc.

Last edited:

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Check out smallbatch, sign up for their mailing list. They shoot out 20% off deals with free shipping very often. That will allow you to pick up some great sticks that u will enjoy as opposed to buying other low end sticks or 2nds that u might not enjoy a few weeks from now.
When I first started out I bought quit a bit of "low end" cigars off cbid and other sites. I haven't reached for one in over and month and a half now. That was easily the biggest mistake I made when I first started was thinking I would find a "diamond in the rough" that no one knew about. Very naive of me.

Just keep saving up a couple more bucks and wait for the deals. Find something that you will love to smoke every day, for the flavor and not the price.

Quality over Quantity

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Shit man, you'll fit in just fine here. There are quite a few Brothers from your neck of the woods. It think @Hoshneer lives near there. Most of us found this place the same way you did and all the crazy ones stayed.:cigar::)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Jonathan is a good dude, I was telling him about this place over the weekend. He has jumped in the deep end and I'm honestly not sure how many budget sticks he will find that will satisfy your taste.

Honestly my best kept secret is keeping an eye on the forum board. Once you hit the 30 days / 30 posts mark the marketplace will open up and sometimes brothers make room and have great samplers on sale.

I also suggest downloading Tapatalk, it makes things much easier on here. This has been my home for 3-4 years now, hard to believe. I would say that these are the best guys around we often debate and give each other shit but in the end we are all close.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So new member here and I'm really looking for a good budget sticks to help fill my locker at the cigar club I recently joined so I'm not killing off my higher end sticks when I'm there for 7 to 8 hrs at a time. I am still learning a lot but I do enjoy 40-52 gauge and prefer medium to full body cigars
"
Tobaco Baez" made by My Father.... it's a great medium bodied blend! It uses long-filler and short-filler and only cost $3 if you can find them!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Jonathan is a good dude, I was telling him about this place over the weekend. He has jumped in the deep end and I'm honestly not sure how many budget sticks he will find that will satisfy your taste.

Honestly my best kept secret is keeping an eye on the forum board. Once you hit the 30 days / 30 posts mark the marketplace will open up and sometimes brothers make room and have great samplers on sale.

I also suggest downloading Tapatalk, it makes things much easier on here. This has been my home for 3-4 years now, hard to believe. I would say that these are the best guys around we often debate and give each other shit but in the end we are all close.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tapatalk is cool, minus the signature that people don't remove from each post.

:)

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Welcome from Buffalo!! (y)

If you want a good budget stick from Tatuaje...try the Tattoo (assuming you haven't already). Always a solid B4B stick (bang for the buck).