What's new

Building a walk-in

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So it's been about a year, Tanga. How has it done through the seasonal weather changes?
It have been ok actually. I have not have the water system connected since I had a small leakage and disconnected it. I have not had time to fix it during the long winter but the room did not get that cold. I will connect it again when I have time but I think that I did not need it in the first place.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It have been ok actually. I have not have the water system connected since I had a small leakage and disconnected it. I have not had time to fix it during the long winter but the room did not get that cold. I will connect it again when I have time but I think that I did not need it in the first place.
Glad to hear! Amazing work. When I can afford a house, I'll make sure it has an old storage closet in the basement. Thanks for a great thread.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I can't believe I have not seen this post before! My jaw is on the floor! I am to amazed to be jealous! Maybe when I grow up I might aspire to achieve this level of indulgence! Although I would love to open a B&M as the nearest one is 24 miles away.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Just reading this for the first time myself. Very nice craftsmanship here. Congrats on the fruits of your labor @Tanga. !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Sweet mother of God! This is the best thread on any cigar forum and I am just now seeing it!? Bro, I don't know if you are still on this forum but this is hands down the most beautiful walk in I've seen in a home. It's been a lot of fun reading through and watching what it was be transformed into the art it is. The brick idea is brilliant, that door is sexy as hell, and the collection of cigars and scotches.....wow! Very impressive, brother! Congrats!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am still on the forum but with my second child born last week time is veeeery limited... Thank you for the kind words. It have taken some years to ship all of thoose goodies from the state (NC´s) and from other countries (since you can not find that many NC´s that are good in sweden and the cubans are seriously expensive here). After a while you could have a nice collection. Through many years (started 2008 I think) I bought a lot more than I smoke. In the recent year I am about even when I compare buying and smoking.

But th best thing about the walk-in is that it came out almost exactly how i imagine it. And it was not that price either (not if I compare it to other thing in the house that we have done such as toilet, laundry room and so on). Sp if you have a spare room over, go for it boys!

kcmontie

Choppers, lanceros and cobs
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The most recent thing I have done is to attach a xikar hygrometer unit on the door so that I can check the humidity from outside. Otherwise it is the same status except from that the inventory hav changed somewhat.

These photos make me so happy. In my next house I would love to do something like this. For now I will be keeping my eye out for a used Arso or large humid from a b&m going out of biz.
Really great job.