What's new

Built Not Bought: post up your project cars?

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
shit that, let's throw that S/c in my Olds !
LOL, maybe I'll put that on the list for plan b.

You'd think C10s are made out of platinum or diamonds based on the asking price of a roller for a chop n' drop hot rod build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
LOL, maybe I'll put that on the list for plan b.
You'd think C10s are made out of platinum or diamonds based on the asking price of a roller for a chop n' drop hot rod build.
Tell me about it ! Price out JDM 2.5ej Subaru H4 engines sometime. (I'm not doing heads ( again) on an engine with 225km on it !)
I wanna build a freakin RAT ROD !

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
received_1235136413203218.jpeg
My new project! Found her in honey suckle behind a trailer CT I was working at. Been there for a few years.it cleaned up nice though! Picked it up for only 50$
photo0.jpeg
Hoping to tinker on it and get it running this winter!
You guys gotta work with me here.....
Sold the race car, victory, yzf600r,and the seadoo to keep afloat when the son was born

Attachments

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Bringing a thread back from the dead. I bought a 74 CJ5 with an AMC 304 about 9 years ago. The previous owner had parked it in the woods at his house and it sat for 8+ years before I purchased it. It has 52k original miles on it but the 8 years in the woods did some serious work on the body. The first 2 years were very productive. I fabricated new body panels to replace all of the rust spots, reinforced the floor pan supports, sandblasted and painted the frame, rhino lined the inside, painted the exterior, installed high back yj seats and a reman carb. Since then I've installed new electronic ignition, plugs, wires, master cylinder, rebuilt the brakes, gas tank, low back factory style seats, and have recently began rewiring some of the critical electrical components. Its bee sitting for a few years in my garage due to being busy with full time work and grad school so I'm having some issues that I believe are carb related. I've got a carb rebuild kit waiting to go in, hopefully I get to that soon and it fixes the issues.

102_1476.jpg DSCF0578.jpg jeep_zpseeecdf26.jpg
IMAG2836.jpg

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Last Saturday's smoke of the day really belongs in the car project thread so here we go.
GM's dreaded ( Saturn-SAAB-CTS ) 3.0 v6 DOHC Timing belt job on my 2002 LW300 Wagon. 110k miles.
Engine "zeroed" and crank and cams locked. Water pump, tensioners and idler pullys, in.
Cigar break before picking my last pully up from down town. ( wrong one came in kit )
This is the part where you stare at it for half and hour and just verify everything is where it needs to be so you don't blow 24 valves.
Driving this car this week. Drives like a dream.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Phone dump. Here's the new struts and coils from a few months ago. Went the "quick strut" route for the front, since one coil was broken in the cup anyway. On the rears I would save a 100 bucks and reuse the springs and just replace the ballast.
Darn right those rotors aren't stock. When I first got this wagon, it stopped like shyte. Brake upgrade. It has about 14 feet of new steel on the brake runs as well. Remember, it's a wagon.
The yellow paint is an old trick so when I replace the strut I can line up the paint lines in the knuckle and reduce the chance of needing an alignment. The stabilizers are new too.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well, this is on the phone dump too, so one more post to annoy you.
My 10 year old battery died so I get a new one. I had to cut out the old nut with a dremmell, and replace it. Did this without taking the tray out,
by welding a washer on to a nut, then sliding the nut under the hole and tak welding it.

Don't laugh this was an excellent solution. The picture is cropped, but the tray actually goes further under the Main Fuse box and mounts to the fender.
This would have been a bag of shit to get into. Also, the fasten point is necessary because it houses a junction box of some sort. So just using a tie down was not really an option.
Speaking of junctions, notice the ground point service under the left of the tray. .
Don't know what it does, ( headlamp panel grounds? ) But it was rusting. Weird shit like that fails, and you'll never find it. So I cleaned it up. That's dielectric grease, not rust.

That's what I'm talkin' about !

Last edited: