What's new

Bunnies!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I did! I got two more today, and my girlfriend got so upset when I called them 'Thumpers'!

Boiled the one from yesterday for 2.5 hours, and it was so tender it was literally falling apart! Rabbits are one of my favorite animals to eat!

TYLER
Hehehehe, that's the spirit, Ty! And by the way, rabbits truly are incredibly tasty and tender. Who could not love 'em?

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
These things are going to be delicious in about half an hour! Already boiled 'em for an hour to make sure they're not dry...

Gotta eat 'em up cause tomorrow I'm getting some ducks!

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
mmm...

Anybody else got pictures/recipes for game meat? Always looking for new ways to cook the buggers.

TYLER

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
we always slowcook them in a crock pot or a big dutch oven wiith rice and gravy. Add some fresh sliced onion and mmm mmm good. That is the most popular way down here in Mississippi. Do squirrel the same way, although I like mine battered and fried also.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Classic.

I always make a pot of beans, that turns into stew as I keep adding stuff. I've kept a pot going for most of the fall season a couple of years, just add more meat, beans and veggies. Cook them off in the stew, then de-bone when they start to get tender.

I'm too impatient to want to grill them, I could eat a bag limit by myself!

I've spent the last couple weekends (and next few) getting ready for deer season to open. I still see rabbits and squirrels as 'targets of opportunity' and 'camp meat'.

Last edited: