What's new

Burning Leaf Caravan Interest??

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Jer-bear...no worries brother...u have to understand...my wife is a tad hormonal right now and keeps brining up the fact that I am going to chicago (ps...to her the leaf is in downtown chicago next to everything she loves in her mind;)u) with out her and have not taken her on a summer vacation. I told her that I would bring her this back if I went...needless to say prego craving kicked in full steam and the 30th has now made christmas a distant second to favorite holiday. she is now VERY excited about my trip and chance to hang with u ugly mugs! so it is a win win! trust me...the craving will hit again...and I will be hollarin at u my good friend;) but u better still try to make it...got a couple sticks for ya...and if not...I will definitely see u the week after! good lookin out my brother from another mother! thank you!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Plans being worked out hopefully in chat tonight if the Michigan-folk are around. I'll be on at about 9 for a smoke and to start ironing out some details.

Can't wait for this!

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Oh man... with half our active canadian brothers going... I might have to make a road trip myself... only 10 hours from my house...

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
can't make live chat...sorry...but im cool with what ever. just want to make a early departure to ensure that we are there for a bit before having to make the trek back! Glad to see this puppy growin!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
New plans - wife is unfortunately not able to make it now due to daycare issues for the kiddies.

As it stands right now, I'm going to pick Shawn up at the train station somewhere around 10am Wednesday. We'll head right to the border and cross as soon as we can, since we have to be gone >48 hours to bring back cigars from USA.

If it all works out, we'll head to Hendy's place and meet up with Smokem either there or along the way. Herf on Wednesday night, get up bright and early Thurs and head to the Leaf. Back to Hendy's I assume on the Thursday night (or nearest cheap motel6 to the leaf), and head back to the border some time early friday afternoon (ie once the 48 hours are passed...lol) Shawn is going to stay at my place Fri/Sat night and we're golfing Saturday if the Michigan guys feel like making a weekend out of it. Any/all are welcome at ChezBdc30 as well!!

Guys let me know if this works for you - and also anyone else interested that we might be able to pick up along the way :)

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Sorry I've been out of the loop.

I have had a few set backs with my dad and his failing health.

I PM'd bdc that I might have to house my dad. At this time I have to opt out for the Hendy Hilton. But I am still going.

I am erroring on the side that I will have to house my dad. Give me a few days to figure everything out. I am only putting this out there so that last minute plans don't screw this up.

So, that being said. Give me until this weekend to verify wether or not I can provide accomidations.

Thanks

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
New plan/idea. Shawn and I are thinking of heading to IL straight on Wednesday, probably get there around 5-6pm - and possibly catch the White Sox vs Red Sox game that night in Chicago. Anyone interested in joining us? Anyone have ticket hookups? Seems there are still lots available on the team's website and stubhub.

Last edited:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
New plans - wife is unfortunately not able to make it now due to daycare issues for the kiddies.

As it stands right now, I'm going to pick Shawn up at the train station somewhere around 10am Wednesday. We'll head right to the border and cross as soon as we can, since we have to be gone >48 hours to bring back cigars from USA.

If it all works out, we'll head to Hendy's place and meet up with Smokem either there or along the way. Herf on Wednesday night, get up bright and early Thurs and head to the Leaf. Back to Hendy's I assume on the Thursday night (or nearest cheap motel6 to the leaf), and head back to the border some time early friday afternoon (ie once the 48 hours are passed...lol) Shawn is going to stay at my place Fri/Sat night and we're golfing Saturday if the Michigan guys feel like making a weekend out of it. Any/all are welcome at ChezBdc30 as well!!

Guys let me know if this works for you - and also anyone else interested that we might be able to pick up along the way :)
:rofl: You know you have it bad when you plan your trips around how much time you need to be out of the country in order to return with cigars. Not judging, I have been there,:rofl:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
If you need a cheap place to stay in Chicago Suburbs, I usually get a 3 or 3.5 star in Schaumburg area for $30-40 a night through Priceline.