What's new

CA Cigar of the Year?

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's possible that CA selects this list using the exact process they claim to use, without bribery and premeditation. This would also explain why there are surprises, as all of us are surprised when we do blind tastings.

Huge disappointment for General shut out despite having such a huge market share. Big winner Abe Flores of PDR getting 2 cigars ranked!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Huge disappointment for General shut out despite having such a huge market share.
Doubt they care much. Their market share lies in White Owl, doesn't it. That probably won't be on the list any time soon. White Owl and a bunch of stuff that using Cuban brand names that don't need CA Top 25, either. Can't say that I remember General offering up anything they might actually think could be considered a great cigar.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One thing I noticed about this year's Top 25 is it's made up of mostly large gauge cigars. The only cigar in the list under 50 RG is the Asylum Premium 2012 Vintage 44x4. Plenty of great small gauge cigars out there that deserve consideration.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
One thing I noticed about this year's Top 25 is it's made up of mostly large gauge cigars. The only cigar in the list under 50 RG is the Asylum Premium 2012 Vintage 44x4. Plenty of great small gauge cigars out there that deserve consideration.
Agreed. I think it's interesting that CA has kind of lagged the market on this trend, though. 6x60 has been the largest growing size for a couple of years now but this is the first year they've had one break the top 25 (according to the videos anyway).

Would love to see a lancero or lonsdale make the list but it's not likely. They do occasionally review thinner niche cigars for the monthly list though.

On an unrelated note, I'm smoking a LAT54 and think Pete is on crack for thinking he should have made the top 10. Not a bad cigar but no competition for the Monte No. 2 or many Fuentes.