What's new

CA- Top 25

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Good point about the single shop issue, the Viaje Reservas were an extremely small batch as well, but were available from multiple places I think.

I know CA isn't for us, and I'm not a fan of them anyway, but it's a fun jump-off point for talking about stuff like this :)

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Exactly. A TINY run for cuba is 500 boxes. 200 box runs just shouldn't be allowed. There will be very little chance of the masses ever finding out about them. Even if it was the greatest cigar ever it is just like saying look what you will never find.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm not defending CA but they review Cuban cigars because they are a worldwide publication. Or at least they are trying to be.

As far as rating limited editions. The Drac and Boris were nationwide release in over 100 stores. That supposedly is there criteria but I still don't understand why they reviewed them. They were already sold out by the time they rated them.

I did think it was funny when they said in the Viaje video that you could find it at your local store. LOL, Maybe the one store they shop at that for some reason couldn't sell them. From what I know, these cigars are gone and the second generation will be different because of "limited tobacco".

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Really though not a bad list by CA standards. No true duds on the list (well maybe the comacho). May not be what most of us would have chosen but the fact that most have tried and talked about a lot of the list is better then what I am used to from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'd love to try a Behike. I don't get to smoke Cuban's often and Cohiba's are usually out of my price range. Sounds great though, I've heard a lot of chatter about these cigars.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I think the Maduro 5 blows away the BHK 52.
I don't think the Maduro 5 gets enough credit, it is a great cigar. For me, the BHK still stands heads and shoulders above.

And I'll prove it... send me one of each and I'll blindfold myself and tell you which I like more... :peace: