What's new

Caldwell construction issues

Shrody234

Jimmy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No issues with LLTK or TKID. Wrapper cracking issue with Eastern Standard but I chalked that up to extreme temp changes-went from inside to about 16* when it cracked...my box of LLTK literally just came in the mail...all you guys got me like :unsure: with this thread...

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Just had a Long live the king the heater (corona gorda) last night that I had to pitch out about a 1/3 in because the draw was incredibly tight and kept going out even after dry boxing. What flavors I got were good though lol

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find that if they are too wet the don't smoke well. I have had one plugged so far out of at least 25, so its not that big of a deal. I do sympathize with all of you that have had issues though. They are great smokes though!

Cardinal

Conscientious Objector
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've smoked about 6-8 TKID and had maybe 2 of them with tight draw, but not unmanageable. Of the 4-6 LLTKs all mine have been good, but I smoked one with my dad and his needed a bunch of relights. A couple Eastern Standard, and one apiece Sevilla and Murcia with no other issues.

Not great performance, but it's a small sample. They all taste great though, so I keep buying them.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
0/2 with three more attempts smoking Caldwell''s Eastern Standard. Very spongy and numerous soft spots--under packed big time.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tossed this cigar about halfway through. Life's too short to put up with this kind of nonsense.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I tried a LLTK Heater last weekend and chucked it just short of the halfway point. I couldn't put it down for 20 seconds or it would be out again. I ended up relighting 4 or 5 times in half of the cigar and said screw it.

IMHO, it was one-dimensional anyway. I wanted to like it so much, but was really disappointed. Not "bad" by any means, but I wouldn't buy any more.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I bought a couple of the Gibraltar perfectos at a local. The first one was so plugged, I couldn't get any draw. Haven't tried the other one yet, but it feels super solid. Only issue I've had in my limited experience so far.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
They put out a huge long post on their facebook page saying everything they have had coming out has little to no age on them. A lot of people have been complaining sounds like a pretty big issue

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
They put out a huge long post on their facebook page saying everything they have had coming out has little to no age on them. A lot of people have been complaining sounds like a pretty big issue
Link? I can't find it.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
No issues come to mind, save for the first Eastern Standard Lance I ever smoked. Delicious, but wouldn't stay lit. After that, they've all been great.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Link? I can't find it.

Robert Caldwell
with Tony Bellatto

March 17 at 5:24pm · New York, NY
Guys we really appreciate your support. You are a great group. I know some of you have had construction issues with some of the Caldwell stuff. We appreciate your making us aware of these issues. We have been in touch with our factory to address any problems and have gotten to the bottom of it. We stand behind all of our product and have replaced everything we are aware of that has has an issue. In terms of Lost and Found- these cigars are found by me and sold by Tony Bellatto. It is an awesome project. We have had some issues with these cigars exploding. A few things:1. They were shipped out a few weeks ago when it was ridiculously cold. Subzero temperatures. This is deadly to cigars. Also they are not cellophaned so they are more fragile. From now on we will cello in the winter. Also, please check the cigars rest and climatize when they get to you. I have been in the game for a minute and the issues that I have seen on these have been from the cigars not climatizing or physical damage. If you are selling our product on the secondary market please pack the cigars so they are protected. If they are bouncing around in a box or the bundle is not in a ziplock we are going to have problems.

Lastly, if you have a problem please hit me up directly if it is concerning Caldwell. If it is with LnF please message Tony directly. We will take care of it. Please do us a favor and don't blast it on FB. We stand behind our product but would appreciate a direct message so we can take care of it.
We love what we do. We do gangster shit. Please help us along don't trip us up.

Thanks for your support.

Robert Caldwell

Like · Comment · 15785

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I contacted Robert because there's no way he'd stand behind the products I've purchased. I still have most of my order and am willing to mail them to him if it means that he'll replace the product with legit sticks. Here's hoping. Had such a great experience with The King is Dead Supremes from Smallbatch

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Tried to smoke the other Gibraltar today. Not plugged but super tight, and then about 1" in it started to unravel on me from the inside:
0330151427.jpg 0330151428b.jpg
I tried to push through but I was getting very little smoke through the draw and what I did get was very bitter. I just wasn't enjoying the experience so I MU'd it. $15 bucks worth of unsmokable cigars down the drain.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
So, so weird. I've smoked maybe 4-5 LLTKs, and 3-4 Eastern Standards, and a single of the TKID, with not a single issue. Smoked a Gibraltar and Murcias corona, no issue. Although, the Murcias wasn't very good, but no issues with construction.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I'm hoping it was the vitola. I understand perfectos are more difficult. Maybe I just got a roller who was having a bad day. Never an issue with any other line or vitola.