What's new

Caldwell construction issues

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Update: my attempt to contact Caldwell through their contact form on their website has not yielded a response.
It is possible that they have a high volume of responses to handle before mine. Here's still hoping that they are serious
about responding to customers' issues.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a LLTK Heater last weekend and chucked it just short of the halfway point. I couldn't put it down for 20 seconds or it would be out again. I ended up relighting 4 or 5 times in half of the cigar and said screw it.
This just happened to me last night. I couldnt put it down without it going out and I had to puff it 3-4 times to get some decent smoke and to keep it lit. Its the second one out of my 5er to do this to me. Flavor was pretty good but hard to pay attention to it and appreciate any flavor when you have to pay attention to the cherry and keep re-lighting. I think Ill let the last 3 sit for a good while.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
Just happened to me today with a very delicious Eastern Standard Corona. Would not stay lit. I must have tried relighting it 25 times. I'd get half a yummy puff and then it was out. The first half was great. It wasn't plugged or anything. Annoying.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Update: my attempt to contact Caldwell through their contact form on their website has not yielded a response.
It is possible that they have a high volume of responses to handle before mine. Here's still hoping that they are serious
about responding to customers' issues.
You'd probably have better luck going to the B&M where you purchased and tell them about the issues and see if he'll replace. Then let them handle product replacement from Caldwell.

Additionally try reaching out to Jeremy, I know Robert has been uber busy lately from the emails we have exchanged.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cigar Jedi and another poster, thank you for the recommendation.
Cigar federation credited my account with the amount that I spent on bad caldwell product.
I offered to return the product, but they said no need.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Recently I have had the same construction issues from Eastern Standard Churchill (Think it's called Cream Machine or something). Very hard to keep lit and the burn ran all over the place. I ended up tunneling it around the halfway point trying to get a decent smoke output. I'll be waiting a while before my next Caldwell purchase.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does anyone know which company is responsible for the sticks that Caldwell slaps their label on?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Crazy. Still haven't had issues with any of mine. Had a Marble House the other day, and nubbed it.

Tabacalera William Ventura. I know they also roll all the Rodrigo cigars as well.
That explains all the Rodrigo contests for Caldwel cigars.

Shrody234

Jimmy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was experiencing some construction issues a short while ago too-primarily it wasnt staying lit. I let my box of LLTK heater sit for a few months and it seems to have corrected itself thankfully. No relights and just a couple minor touch ups! I suspect these were just pretty wet and have since leveled out (y)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've only had 1 eastern standard marble house and I had to relight it 6 times or so. It definitely left a bad memory of the brand for me. I'm not counting them out though. I have a few others to try (LLTK, TKID, TLT, etc) so I'll reserve judgment until those have been smoked.