What's new

Calling all Lancero Lovers

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good to know!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
LOL. I'm just being honest since I've never really cared for them. I'm a big guy and I have big hands so I've always went towards the bigger RG smokes. But then this year I joined in on Lancero February and well.....I think I got bit by the lancero bug lol. I've definitely stepped out of my comfort zone with them since I probably would never have touched them if I didn't try and join in....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stogies in Houston has a bunch of manufactures that make Lanceros just for that shop, the shop owners favorite size. They include the following and it keeps growing. They are go by the name H-Town (some were mentioned above.
Room 101 Namakubi
Quesada Espana
Alec Bradley Nica Puro
Fratello
La Palina
Nomad San Anres
Four Kicks
Tatuaje
Here is a link to their online store http://www.stogiesworldclasscigars.com/

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Those LADC EE are long gone sadly. I'd give my left nut for a fiver.
Most has already been said here, but worth mentioning:
7-20-4
Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias
La Palina Goldie
El Titan de Bronze
El Triunfador - both are great
Hererra Esteli

I really dig the five you mention that you are currently smoking. Hard to find a better list of five top notch lanceros than that. Very good baseline.
I've been down the same road as you a few years ago. Still love the lanceros, but I am much more diversified in my vitolas now.

Also, it goes without saying, the Cohiba Lancero and Trinidad Funadores are pretty stellar if you find yourself on the other slope someday.

-Doug

- KK33

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
And you're right, there is something different about the 10th Anny brown line. I find the Havana Cazadores to be much better than an already top notch Lonsdale. Maybe it's that closed foot, I dunno but I would put them in my top 3 NCs ever.

- KK33

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A long time ago a friend of mine said that if you like a blend, try it in a lancero.
Pretty good words to live by if you ask me.
Hi All,
I've been lurking around here for a while because I'm interested in learning more about, and trying, this vitola having smoked mostly Robustos for many years.
More specifically, I'm thinking about pre-ordering a box in the blind of Las Calaveras EL 2016, and just to make it a double shot in the dark, I'm thinking of ordering it in their LC46 size, which is a 6 x 46 stick. Input? Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks in advance,
OG

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hi All,
I've been lurking around here for a while because I'm interested in learning more about, and trying, this vitola having smoked mostly Robustos for many years.
More specifically, I'm thinking about pre-ordering a box in the blind of Las Calaveras EL 2016, and just to make it a double shot in the dark, I'm thinking of ordering it in their LC46 size, which is a 6 x 46 stick. Input? Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks in advance,
OG
I've also preordered a box of those. I really like the size. They had a similar size last year too. It is a corona gorda and not a lancero, though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Mossome. I figured that folks' who are familiar with that approximate ring gauge would have trustworthy input and your answer shows I was right.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just won a 5'er of 12 Honest Men in 71/2" x 38 which is my 1st Lancero purchase.
After I get them, I'm planning on letting them sleep in the humidor for a month before firing one up.
Any thoughts about the 1 month time period?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I just won a 5'er of 12 Honest Men in 71/2" x 38 which is my 1st Lancero purchase.
After I get them, I'm planning on letting them sleep in the humidor for a month before firing one up.
Just smoke them. That's my thought.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
That's the usual time frame that I let mine sit when I get them in the mail. It's probably overkill but that's the timeframe that I set for resting them after having some issues when I first started ordering online. It's mostly because they usually take close to a week to get here from the vendor and end up sitting in a USPS truck in either 90+ degree weather in the summer or -10 degree weather in the winter which causes some series burn issues if I try and smoke them ROTT.