What's new

Calling all MC riders.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for another thread bump. I grew up riding pillion with my dad. I have been riding since I was 16 (15 if you count my Honda Spree).

This is my first bike, a 1971 BMW R60/5. I still have it and is my daily rider.

This bike is a 1980 Soviet Era Dnepr sidecar rig that was made in the Ukraine (cousin to the Russian Ural). My dad bought it new in 1980. He finally got tired of fixing it and put it in a dusty corner of the garage in 1989. The pic is of my dad, grandma, and that's me sitting on the back.

In 2004 with the news that I had a son on the way I went over to dads and rescued the Dnepr. I tore it completely down and replaced as many parts as I could with western parts. The first pic is of my son in the sidecar. The second is with my daughter on the back and my cousin in the sidecar.

This is my first dirt bike, a 1993 Husqvarna TE-350 that had been bored up to a 480. It ate a valve in the middle of the woods in early 2000. Since then I have slowly (very slowly) getting bits for it to get it back on the road. My plan is to turn it into a Supermotard.

This is my current dirt ride, a 2005 GasGas EC250 (made in Spain). Since aquiring this bike about 5 years ago I have done a lot more trail riding and love it.

Since I was dirt riding and it can take a lot of time, I wanted my son to be able to enjoy it with me. This is him at 4 years old on his first bike, a Suzuki JR50.

He turns 9 next week and outgrew the Suzuki, so this year I upgraded him to a Honda XR80.

This year my daughter (soon to be 14) wanted to get into riding also. She wanted a dirt bike but I opted to get her a quad instead (1998 Polaris Trailblazer 250 Auto). She is now pretty happy that I went that route after giving her brothers XR80 a try.

This last pic is from labor day weekend. The kids and I went riding for three days in the woods.

In addition to these I have a few neglected projects including a 1995 Ducati 900SS CR.

My wife supports my motorcycle hobby 100% but unfortunately does not join me on the bike very often as it's not her thing. I still have hopes of getting her on a quad so she can join us trail riding.

I hope the post wasn't too pic heavy. I just freakin love motorcycles!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

My pride & joy! Have done a few "super bike schools" when they came out to Hawaii (who says they can't turn!)

Unfortunately, I got rear ended while at a stop light right before my daughter was born... She seems to be the only one who gets toys these days :p