Votes: 35 17.8%
  • Both

Votes: 109 55.3%

• Total voters

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
OK, so thanks to some of the brothers here, I've started to delve into the world of CCs.

Now, I've heard some guys say that once they smoked CCs they never cared to go back to NCs. I've also heard guys say that they actually PREFER the flavor of NCs over CCs. Me personally, while I love the VERY different flavor profile of the CCs I've smoked, I still very much enjoy my favorite NCs.

I dont go to the point of saying one is "better" than the other...they are just different, and there are aspects of both that I really enjoy.

So what's your take?

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Shawn (wilfredsimpson) and I were talking about this last week. I really think that if the embargo were to be lifted tomorrow, although there would be an initial rush to buy any/all cuban cigars of course, I really think the true cigar guys would slowly gravitate back towards the non cuban stuff in short order.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I really think the true cigar guys would slowly gravitate back towards the non cuban stuff in short order.
The "true cigar guys"?

How does one define a "true cigar guy"...not trying to srir the pot, I am truly interested.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
lol obv no offense to anyone, I was just meaning I'm sure there would be some guys who would only smoke cubans to be able to say they only smoked cubans.

Those who truly appreciated cigars would find great sticks from both CC and NC that they enjoyed.

(edit - perfect example from AZC above -- prefers cubans heavily but can still appreciate some of the finer non cubans as well)

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Have not smoked an NC in years; way over priced compared to CCs and way too hard to get. Only my $0.02.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm about 99-1 at this point; haha! I still enjoy some NCC maduros... some ESG... some Padron... Opus with age... J21 Reservas and a handful of others............... but when I reach into a humi... it's VERY rare I don't come out with a CC or two.

Cheers!
+1 Mostly J21s, Padrons, Opus, Liga Privada for me.

Outside of that, all CCs, all the time, particularly Cohibas, Trinidads and Montecristos

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'm with AZ and Fox for the most part. I love the flavors I get out of CCs. Once I found those, I really flat out ignored NCs, to the point where I've had exactly one of the really big names out there recently (thanks Michael). I'm trying to re-branch out, so to speak, but considering my current choices when I reach into my humis, I don't see that happening quickly.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
There are quite a few good and great NC's but in the end all of my top 25 cigars are cc's. I have great access to all kinds of cigars and end up probably pretty close to 70/30 CC/NC. I find that the longer and more I smoke the more I lean back to CC's as the balance is better and they don't burn out your palete the same. I can smoke more CC's in a day and still enjoy the last one but I find with NC's after 4 a day I am just moking for the sake of smoking and not getting any real enjoyment out of them.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd have to respectfuly disagree with that statement
I respect your disagreement. For years I smoked NCs almost exclusively. I only smoked the odd CC here and there. But in the last few years I've smoked CCs probably 95 - 5 and within that were some of the best NCs Nicaragua and the DR had to offer. They just do not hold a candle to CCs. But I do still smoke them from time to time for a little change up. That being said, I don't think it's really possible to honestly say that there are any NCs are either objectively or subjectively better than most CCs.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
As I said to a friend last night, nearly all CCs are better than the best NCs.
Agree, but it depends what you are looking for in a cigar, I like balanced, komplex cigars with more than one dimension and for that reason the NCs almost never stand a chanse. And NCs imho have no potential for aging more than 10 years TOPS!

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Those who truly appreciated cigars would find great sticks from both CC and NC that they enjoyed.
I dont think this is fair to say, the people I know who truly appriciate cigars almost never smoke a nc unless they are gifted or just want to see if anything has happened since the last time they smoked one.
I would say it is like champagne, there is sparkling wine and then their is champagne!