Votes: 53 26.9%
  • NCs

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • Both

Votes: 109 55.3%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
nope again.(for what its worth...try calling it the benz/bently mentality)

i said it in post #28(not very well it appears)...when free choix is a part of the equation...people just dont smoke non cubans.

do this poll...ask for votes from only people that DO NOT live in the usa. another interesting twist would be...only those who have smoked cigars regularily for 5 or more years(true cigar guys) could vote.

trying to be patient with the kids
derrek
Funny actually. I travel the world...Korea, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, England, Italy...you get the point; and I smoke a lot of cigars while on my travels. I buy both on my trips and have colleagues in these places with humidors and amazingly enough they have non-cubans in them. So your certain and infinite knowledge and fact is severely flawed. But you keep believing it if you must. :sarcastic

So can you explain to me why I buy NC's in places where CC's are readily available? And for the record, I've been enjoying the leaf for 20 years now.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
nope again.(for what its worth...try calling it the benz/bently mentality)

i said it in post #28(not very well it appears)...when free choix is a part of the equation...people just dont smoke non cubans.

do this poll...ask for votes from only people that DO NOT live in the usa. another interesting twist would be...only those who have smoked cigars regularily for 5 or more years(true cigar guys) could vote.

trying to be patient with the kids
derrek
Well said, but think this is just a poll to see what the members here prefer smoking.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I would have prefer the poll to be "if you could only have NC's or CC's fot the rest of your time smoking which would it be?"
While I do like both the question of which do you prefer is what made my answer up. Here in Canada CC's are the bigger seller while we do still sell quite a few NC's they are mostly sold because of price point or just to add variety. We also do have a few addict smokers who only smoke one ultra full bodied brand but will smoke a box a week as nothing else will quell the craving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I live in the U.S. and have only had a few CCs, so I know my opinion won't matter to some of you apparently better cigar smokers, but here goes: my absolute favorite cigar I've ever had was a CC. However, the other 4 of my top 5 are NCs. I've had a couple AMAZING CCs, and a couple dog rocket ones. They were all hand rolled "premium" cigars, just not a taste profile I prefer. So, I voted both, because all-in-all, I've found great cigars from both CC and NC. I guess I'm not a real cigar smoker...

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Originally Posted by bdc30
the true cigar guys would slowly gravitate back towards the non cuban stuff in short order.
nope

there would be some guys who would only smoke cubans to be able to say they only smoked cubans.
nope...well at least not the "true cigar guys".

Those who truly appreciated cigars would find great sticks from both CC and NC that they enjoyed.
nope again

the "true cigar guys" cigar culture in the rest of the world snubs non-cuban cigars almost universally . i am not kidding guys...the rest(not USA)of the world DOESNT smoke very many non-cubans.

derrek
So your certain and infinite knowledge and fact is severely flawed. But you keep believing it if you must. :sarcastic
Seriously guys :scratchhe! Everyone needs to realize that this is a personal preference poll... Not one cigar is better than another, they all have their own unique qualities. It is up to the person enjoying the cigar at the time. I enjoy both and gravitate to both depending on what I am feeling at the time. I have not tried every CC, but I do know (in my opinion) there are good ones and bad ones, just like NC's. That is like saying which liquor is best to make a drink with: Vodka, Bourbon, Scotch, Tequila. :nono: How can you answer for other people or prove them wrong, it is there own personal preference. So, lets stop trying to prove one another wrong :bickering and just agree to disagree.

**steps off the soap box** That's just my $0.02 :peace:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Can't tell you how many times I've seen this conversation on various boards. Always seems to pan out the same way.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I voted NC because I've only had a few CCs. It's hard to get my hands on them and when I can, they turn out to be pretty pricey. If there was a way to get them for NC prices, then I'd probably venture out into the CC world more and could give a better comparison.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
In my current cycle I favor CCs. Right now I'm at about an 80% CC to 20% NC ratio.

IMO there are good NCs out there. I like the My Father series and have been surprised by the La Traviata. I always like my VSGs.

That said, I really am enjoying exploring the CC market and most CCs that are in my possession are graded good or better by myself.

The problem with NCs is there are so many of them. Many to me are like smoking paper. You really have to search to find the good ones.

CC's are much more flavorful as a rule where with NCs it seems the exception. In my humble opinion.

RW

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I voted NC because I've only had a few CCs. It's hard to get my hands on them and when I can, they turn out to be pretty pricey. If there was a way to get them for NC prices, then I'd probably venture out into the CC world more and could give a better comparison.
I think CC's are competitively priced w/ NC's. My guess for an ave price for PSD4 is about 7USD, which is the at or below the pricepoint of most tats, fuente's and padrons.

(disclaimer i'm an overall n00b in both cc/nc) but i prefer the flavors of cc's. as said before, to each his own, smoke what you like, etc.
:cbig:

Last edited:

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
derrek
What does the amount of time you've been smoking have to do with being a "true cigar guy"? :wtf:

Anyway, back on topic, there are certain cigars from each that I really, really enjoy. I've had blissful cigars of each type, and I've had crappy cigars of each type. If a cigar uses good tobacco, is blended well, and has decent complexity I'll smoke it. I don't care if it uses tobacco 100% from Canada if it's a good cigar.

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think CC's are competively priced w/ NC's. My guess for an ave price for PSD4 is about 7USD, which is the at or below the pricepoint of most tats, fuente's and padrons.

(disclaimer i'm an overall n00b in both cc/nc) but i prefer the flavors of cc's. as said before, to each his own, smoke what you like, etc.
:cbig:
Where are you buying $150 box of Tatuaje's.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
My take is this...everyone has different tastes. In my experience I like 'em both. Some days I might feel like a LP T52 hits the spot, other days a DPG Blue, while still other days may call for an ISOM. Just depends on my mood. To say that CC are better than NC is, these days, just not accurate. I've had some very good cigars from both realms and from what I can tell the quality is equally as good or maybe slightly better in NC. Just my $0.02 :dunno:.

Dan

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
What does the amount of time you've been smoking have to do with being a "true cigar guy"? :wtf:
Well, a guy who has been smoking cigars for 30 years might have a more experienced and educated background with cigars than someone who has been smoking them for 6 months? :wtf:

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a guy who has been smoking cigars for 30 years might have a more experienced and educated background with cigars than someone who has been smoking them for 6 months? :wtf:
I don't think length of time has anything to do with it. I know guys at my local shop that have been smoking cigars for 20+ years that couldn't tell you country of origin of their favorite cigars. Then I know guys like...well...me...that have jumped in with both feet, and in 3 years has developed what I think is a pretty good knowledge. Does that make him more of a "true cigar guy" than me?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Fair truth, bro. Then again, we probably all know the guys who have been smoking for decades that wouldn't know a good stick if it sat on their lap and wiggled. :halfgrinw