What's new

CCs: a primer

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
2. The information posted reminds me of the old cello on or off topics. Put 10 guys in a room who have been around cc's for the last 4 decades. They will agree to disagree..
Comparing cello on or off to what I've posted is going a tad far to trivialize the points I made. If you don't believe in box quality, box codes or good vs. bad years that's totally cool. Everyone is of course welcome to take or leave whatever they like from the posts. Sweet humble brag on the 4 decades of time in the hobby though. ;)

3. Find what works for you and do it.
Well, that's basically why I posted this topic to begin with. Lots of new guys are getting their feet wet and trying stuff for the first time. These guys don't know what they like or what works for them and most don't have a budget to drop thousands per month to accelerate the learning curve and find out from experience. With that in mind, I wanted to provide this topic as a "shortcut" of sorts to give some helpful tips to start new guys in a solid direction. Across various platforms I see lots of people spread bad advice or outright nonsense. Plenty of people have been directed to Oz to buy stuff, and they'll come out thinking that oily maduro cigars are best and any other concerns are so secondary as to not matter.

Now, if we could just direct the topic away from eating goats, fucking goats or fucking goats and then eating them, that would be great.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I really don’t care what people age Rh or Temp at or what levels their smoking CCs at. Do your thing!!!!
-Some I buy with factory in mind. (If I can even or care to remember codes) most boxes I just look for value.
-Some shitty looking boxes after 5 years smoke pretty damn good.
- some gems turn out mediocre.
-I do still think there is value to be had in the mother factory codes. IF ITS THE SAME PRICE as others offered. Why not!?!
I smoke and age at 65/65 nothin like taking the Switzerland stance!
@Ryan G good luck smoking your stock this winter at your new found RH. MI in JAN is not Cuba year round . Imo my cigars at 65rh still get a shock in my home lounge in the middle of winter.
This year I will try to dry box at 60 then smoke during winter.
-Tobacco is hydroscopic if it’s a tight CC at 65RH it’s tighter after swellling at 70RH. Many tight CCs have corrected after dropping to 60RH in a couple weeks of sitting on a counter top at my house. (Cut and draw method before lighting).
Most importantly this 1 Dollar/3 year old is smoking tits right now......

Cass TY for taking the time for this thread!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I really don’t care what people age Rh or Temp at or what levels their smoking CCs at. Do your thing!!!!
-Some I buy with factory in mind. (If I can even or care to remember codes) most boxes I just look for value.
-Some shitty looking boxes after 5 years smoke pretty damn good.
- some gems turn out mediocre.
-I do still think there is value to be had in the mother factory codes. IF ITS THE SAME PRICE as others offered. Why not!?!
I smoke and age at 65/65 nothin like taking the Switzerland stance!
@Ryan G good luck smoking your stock this winter at your new found RH. MI in JAN is not Cuba year round . Imo my cigars at 65rh still get a shock in my home lounge in the middle of winter.
This year I will try to dry box at 60 then smoke during winter.
-Tobacco is hydroscopic if it’s a tight CC at 65RH it’s tighter after swellling at 70RH. Many tight CCs have corrected after dropping to 60RH in a couple weeks of sitting on a counter top at my house. (Cut and draw method before lighting).
Most importantly this 1 Dollar/3 year old is smoking tits right now......

Cass TY for taking the time for this thread!!!!

Luck is unnecessary
Unlike yourself, I don't plan to pinch pennies and go cheap when building the lounge at my new place!
It will be a Caribbean re-creation with perfect humidity, temp, and salty ocean air of Cuba with the sound of crashing waves and crashing metal suspension of 1950s Ford's.
Pssh

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Luck is unnecessary
Unlike yourself, I don't plan to pinch pennies and go cheap when building the lounge at my new place!
It will be a Caribbean re-creation with perfect humidity, temp, and salty ocean air of Cuba with the sound of crashing waves and crashing metal suspension of 1950s Ford's.
Pssh
But will your lounge serve Medianoche?

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Finally got around to reading this thread and idk but I feel that Ryan has just trolled the best I’ve ever seen in this forum. I mean, I could be mistaken and all of his info was accurate, but I feel like he trolled big time and made Chuck’s attempts at trolling look like the peewees!

Thanks Cass for the info brother!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Finally got around to reading this thread and idk but I feel that Ryan has just trolled the best I’ve ever seen in this forum. I mean, I could be mistaken and all of his info was accurate, but I feel like he trolled big time and made Chuck’s attempts at trolling look like the peewees!

Thanks Cass for the info brother!
I bet you already ordered a shit ton of 70% bovedas lolololololololololol

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Comparing cello on or off to what I've posted is going a tad far to trivialize the points I made. If you don't believe in box quality, box codes or good vs. bad years that's totally cool. Everyone is of course welcome to take or leave whatever they like from the posts. Sweet humble brag on the 4 decades of time in the hobby though. ;)

Well, that's basically why I posted this topic to begin with. Lots of new guys are getting their feet wet and trying stuff for the first time. These guys don't know what they like or what works for them and most don't have a budget to drop thousands per month to accelerate the learning curve and find out from experience. With that in mind, I wanted to provide this topic as a "shortcut" of sorts to give some helpful tips to start new guys in a solid direction. Across various platforms I see lots of people spread bad advice or outright nonsense. Plenty of people have been directed to Oz to buy stuff, and they'll come out thinking that oily maduro cigars are best and any other concerns are so secondary as to not matter.

Now, if we could just direct the topic away from eating goats, fucking goats or fucking goats and then eating them, that would be great.
This has been a most helpful thread, as I am not new to cigars, but new to the cc game.
I, for one, appreciate the transfer of knowledge, regardless of what others say. I for one am all ears. Thanks again

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Differences of opinion will happen when different things are discussed. What I dont like is the hellfire responses of some people on this board. It's ALL opinion on the internet. This place, BOTL, used to be the one place I could get away from toxic people. It is very disheartening to see the outright hostility displayed here. I dont know, but I think some people need to re- evaluate what it means to be a BOTL. I for one, read all different responses and form my own opinion without lashing out.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Differences of opinion will happen when different things are discussed. What I dont like is the hellfire responses of some people on this board. It's ALL opinion on the internet. This place, BOTL, used to be the one place I could get away from toxic people. It is very disheartening to see the outright hostility displayed here. I dont know, but I think some people need to re- evaluate what it means to be a BOTL. I for one, read all different responses and form my own opinion without lashing out.
I think people were joking a bit, harmless playing amongst adults.

There is still room for joking around on the Internet i hope

:)

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
This has been a most helpful thread, as I am not new to cigars, but new to the cc game.
I, for one, appreciate the transfer of knowledge, regardless of what others say. I for one am all ears. Thanks again
Yes this has been a lot of joking. I do agree there is some good info in the original post. I also disagree with some of it and like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't believe in everything I read on the internet. Best to learn from your own experience with guidance of others.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So how often do they rotate codes for factories, and what are the hot codes right now and or the ones of the other factories?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
So how often do they rotate codes for factories, and what are the hot codes right now and or the ones of the other factories?
Factory codes change just shy of every 2 years. I cant comment too much on hot codes in terms of taste, because Im not smoking fresh stuff. Appearance wise MSU has been strong across the board as has UAO.

As far as derp derp provincial codes go UEB and SRO have both have produced some nice looking stuff. I wouldn't go out of my way to track down either of those though.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently read that the moisture content at 70 degree and 70% relative humidity is around 12%. Ideally, you really want to be around 60% so that you can start a nice fire when the need arises.