What's new

CCs: a primer

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
This thread has turned fun, even got a Bohner and Miles reference... lol.

I'm much more concerned about temp than Rh. For me, I definitely prefer lower Rh... from my experience, higher Rh doesn't age as well and they burn too wet. I keep mine around 60% and love'em. Over the years I've patterned some of my habits around people that have been into cigars much longer than I have, and I found it to be true, for me. I think it would probably be better to have smoking stash closer to 65%, but I don't want 2 different storage Rh.

Either way, find out what you like and do it... don't just blindly follow what someone else says. And... it's OKAY to buy blind. :)
What about freezing tho....

lets hear it bro

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While you folks have thrown feces at each other over the years regarding the dogma surrounding cello on/off and don't/freeze, I have reached a state of enlightenment and zen. I have developed a new storage process where I flash freeze my cigars in double 4mm vacuum pack bags, using an industrial grade flash freezer. You say your Ziploc or vacuum packing delays the ageing process? Guess what, my cigars are at a lower potential energy state than yours. Now, no humidors are required, I just take a cigar out of the freezer and thaw before I smoke.

EZ

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
While you folks have thrown feces at each other over the years regarding the dogma surrounding cello on/off and don't/freeze, I have reached a state of enlightenment and zen. I have developed a new storage process where I flash freeze my cigars in double 4mm vacuum pack bags, using an industrial grade flash freezer. You say your Ziploc or vacuum packing delays the ageing process? Guess what, my cigars are at a lower potential energy state than yours. Now, no humidors are required, I just take a cigar out of the freezer and thaw before I smoke.

EZ
2 of my humidors are freezers

Now if I could just get to that zen state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One use for freezers? I'd;) say two, I like me some ice cream every once and again.
One must be careful of the congeners transference from ice cream to tobacco. If your freezer is not below -27.3F, you're not preserving the elasticity of the volatile congener compounds in your ice cream.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I've been addicted to "snow" the past year. Pick one off the menu or create your own. The Asian places seem to keeping opening all over so I know I'm not the only one who enjoys it. I also love the different drinks they carry. Enjoying a green tea with fresh mint, mango, green apple, and strawberries chopped into tiny pieces as I type this.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
One must be careful of the congeners transference from ice cream to tobacco. If your freezer is not below -27.3F, you're not preserving the elasticity of the volatile congener compounds in your ice cream.
As long as it doesn't reduce the carcinogens, I'm good with it.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Why is the ground beef not for sale?
The steer comes from a local grass fed free range cattle farmer. Once you pay him he has to take it to an actual butcher to kill and cut up. All the meat is labeled not for resale.

You get it for cheap when you go this route and it’s probably done so you don’t take business from local grocery stores