What's new

Cello: Yea or Nea?

Cello: Yea or Nea

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cello acts as an inebriation indicator....if I have trouble removing the cigar from the wrapper, I'm too drunk to enjoy the smoke....

Cheers

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Yea I just leave as is...The Cello's are ment to breath and keep the cigar from damage. I've notice with ones unwrapped that if you bump them or happen to move them you can damage the wrapper leaf itself.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've been gifted a few cello wrapped cigars in the last few months. I was amazed at the strong ammonia smell when I took them out of the cello.

Naked is the way they are meant to be !!!

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Like others have said before me, it depends. I love the smell cigars give off when you open a humidor and that aroma rises out and hits you just like a summer breeze, when you leave the cello on it just doesn't seem the same. I also find they don't look as nice sitting in your humidor with the cello on, almost out of place if you will, but if I'll be smoking them soon or they're going to be handled I'll more than likely leave the cello on.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seems to keep the humidity better for me and my cigars that don't have cello notoriously have wrapper issues.

Bear

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've been gifted a few cello wrapped cigars in the last few months. I was amazed at the strong ammonia smell when I took them out of the cello.

Naked is the way they are meant to be !!!
That's variable. If it's a good stick containing properly aged and fermented tobacco it wouldn't smell like ammonia. The cello has nothing to do w/ that, though the cello does keep in the smell of the stick it seems. If it smells good to begin with, than the smell when taken out of the cello would be greater than a naked stick.