What's new

Cello: Yea or Nea?

Cello: Yea or Nea

• Total voters

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like to take the cello off with some romantic music and champagne, low lights and talk about what makes for a nice humid type of environment.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Cello is awesome. If you've ever had different versions of vintage cigars and one was in cello and the other wasn't, you can tell that the one in cellophane is better. Cello keeps a ton of the oils inside, and also keeps humidity constant. For instance, if a cigar ages for 20 years, chances are that there will be some f-ed up humidity spike(s) somewhere along the course of the cigar's life. Cello will protect against those. Cello also protects against water damage. either of those things will completely ruin a cigar's taste, so cello is good. And it makes the cigars taste better.

p.s. I've been trying to avoid this black hole for a while, but I can't take it any more!!!!!

TYLER

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Cello is awesome. If you've ever had different versions of vintage cigars and one was in cello and the other wasn't, you can tell that the one in cellophane is better. Cello keeps a ton of the oils inside, and also keeps humidity constant. For instance, if a cigar ages for 20 years, chances are that there will be some f-ed up humidity spike(s) somewhere along the course of the cigar's life. Cello will protect against those. Cello also protects against water damage. either of those things will completely ruin a cigar's taste, so cello is good. And it makes the cigars taste better.

p.s. I've been trying to avoid this black hole for a while, but I can't take it any more!!!!!

TYLER
:thumbsup:

And there you have it folks, end of discussion.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I typically leave the cello on my singles, since they may get knocked around a little too much. I like them un-celloed if they're in a cedar box.

Just unwrapped a bunch of unlabelled stogies I had in the bottom of my humidor and put them in a spare cedar box. I have no idea what they are, but damn do they look good naked in the box.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I typically leave the cello on my singles, since they may get knocked around a little too much. I like them un-celloed if they're in a cedar box.

Just unwrapped a bunch of unlabelled stogies I had in the bottom of my humidor and put them in a spare cedar box. I have no idea what they are, but damn do they look good naked in the box.
Try posting in the introduction thread and telling us about yourself.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
What's cello? I don't smoke cigars that come in cello.
I have launched a devious plan and I am saving allllllll my cello for this plan so you just keep it up keep it up by george cause one of these days yep one of these days I am just gonna sanp yep just snap and alllll that cello is going to go to reaaaaaal good use and then you will find out the reaaaaaal answer on cello or no cello so just keep it up.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
For me it depends. If I get a stick that has a cello on it I usually leave it on. Or if I get a stick that doesn't have a cello that's fine to. I think they look way better in my hummi with out the cello, but it does help to protect them.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I think the sticks in my humi without cello are jealous of the ones that have little cello jackets. :eyequiver

Don't tell anyone but I heard them planning a rumble just the other day. :stickbeat

One day I will look in my humidors and there they will be... a bunch of beat up sticks with shredded cello and the naked ones just lying around trying to look innocent. :popeyes:

I know your plan you liitle bastids so you just better watch it!:nono:

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This topic is why I created my signature line. <G> Every week I change the signature from *ALWAYS* to *NEVER* just so everybody knows exactly what to do with the cello!