Cellophane or No Cellophane in the humi and why

• YES always keep on the Jimmy hat

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • NO take it off to store them

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I don't want to speak for sofc, but I think that in the older threads, you'll find that some have experienced Fuente cigars with mold problems: those with ribbons (and cedar.) The mold (always?) starts under the ribbons. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the cello...or cedar, IMNSHO. Could be coincidental, but I've found mold under the ribbon on Anejos stored at 64%....and only one other cigar (house version of an EPC sold a few years ago.)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't want to speak for sofc, but I think that in the older threads, you'll find that some have experienced Fuente cigars with mold problems: those with ribbons (and cedar.) The mold (always?) starts under the ribbons. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the cello...or cedar, IMNSHO. Could be coincidental, but I've found mold under the ribbon on Anejos stored at 64%....and only one other cigar (house version of an EPC sold a few years ago.)
nothing to do with cello. Didn't pay attention to ribbon or cello area, just took both off.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I keep my in the cello, the main reason is that I just don't feel like going through and taking them all out. Also I have heard that in case of mold it will help slow the spread.

-Dan-

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Iv had tightly piled uncelloed stick start to mold at 67% and no celloed even showing signs if mold. I like the cello because it gives the sticks a little breathing room as opposed to bare wrapper on wrapper.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well after watching a Stogie Geeks interview with Santana Diaz where he talked about cello retaining all of the amonia and toxins effectively slowing and hindering the proper aging. I am rethinking my methods. I figure as long as I'm careful with them and don't over pack them super tight in the humi it should be all good!

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take them off, but I store them back into Ziploc bags with boveda packs to help saturate the cigars with "ideal" RH for a couple of weeks then it's party time. I've never aged a cigar for more than a month - but it's something I'm looking into, when I venture into buying boxes as opposed to singles - which I primarily do. I read somewhere to use baking soda to help fight off mold. So maybe if you keep a few ounces of baking soda in a container in your humi this should help with molding? has anyone tried?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I keep them the way I get them.

unless they're Cuban. if they don't have cellos, they're fake! maybe. perhaps not.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I put them in the humi the way they come out of the box. If there's cello on the stick then I leave it on the stick, if they're naked when I get them then they go into the humi just the same.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have never had any issue with leaving cello on my cigars in the humidor and generally prefer to keep cello on my cigars. If they come without cello, fine. If it comes with cello, good. Either way I am keeping my humidor properly humidified. As I let them sit and age in my humidor I have not had any bad results from leaving the cello on. But, to each their own I suppose. Cheers!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just curious what people's opinions are on humidor storage currently. What do you think are the good and bad of either side of the coin? I have read allot of differing opinions, but I am more interested in what my fellow BOTL think about the topic. I know this one has been covered in the past but I don't care. I want to hear from the current participants and old timers.
No cello for long term aging... but I keep a few in the cello for gifts!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you get yellow cellophane with that method?
Proper Humidification does it for me.... I check my humidor every week during the year to make sure the humidity is right. I judge it by the feel of the naked cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had worries of humidification with the cello but apparently the majority of you guys seem to prefer cello, so I've just been made a believer lol