Cellophane or No Cellophane in the humi and why

• YES always keep on the Jimmy hat

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • NO take it off to store them

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm just curious what people's opinions are on humidor storage currently. What do you think are the good and bad of either side of the coin? I have read allot of differing opinions, but I am more interested in what my fellow BOTL think about the topic. I know this one has been covered in the past but I don't care. I want to hear from the current participants and old timers.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I generally leave them how they come. Occasionally, I'll take it out of the cello, but that's usually because I want to smell it or inspect it. I don't put it back in once I take it out.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've been around for a while so I'm messing with your demographic.

I keep everything the way it comes in the box. Only exception is Casa Fuente (I take cello and cedar off.)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've been around for a while so I'm messing with your demographic.

I keep everything the way it comes in the box. Only exception is Casa Fuente (I take cello and cedar off.)
I don't care if you've been here a while. Just a newer conversation of the SOS for anyone who wants to join in. So people who weren't here a while back can also be a part of the conversation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it off (unless it's cheap work smokes that will be stored in my pocket). If it's good enough for the Cubans, it's good enough for the non Cubans. I also like the way it looks. Agree on the protection though, they're safer in the cello.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I leave them on if I purchase them that way. If they're purchased without them, well then they stay without it. I have to admit that I like to see some "yellow cello" though on some of my cigars that I left to age a bit.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Well I take my cello off so there. Yeah you lose some protection but I just handle with care no problem. I love opening up my box and getting a strong whiff of cigar. Every now and then I do it even when I'm not planning on smoking lol.

My only worry is aroma/flavor encroachment. I've heard ppl say after time stuff will blend together but I dunno how much truth there is to that.

Lastly, where's the halfie option in the poll? I've heard some ppl cut the cello to leave foot exposed but keep the rest covered.

Last edited: