What's new

Chef in China

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Where are you meeting all these folks? Can you smoke inside in a lot of places in China? What are the lounges like?

... In the future. Sorry, it's the last time I'll make that stupid joke.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Where are you meeting all these folks? Can you smoke inside in a lot of places in China? What are the lounges like?

... In the future. Sorry, it's the last time I'll make that stupid joke.
Lol

I'm meeting in factories. I'm either seeing new factories our current suppliers for updates/visit.

The bosses typically allow smoking in the office and their culture is that the guest is very important. I have already been gifted a box of cigars and three packs of tea.

The lounges in hotels are nice. I stay in Shenzhen at a particular hotel because the lounge is spacious and comfortable to unwind. Typically I lay down on the couch and check email while puffing. Pretty nice :)

Finding shops is difficult. We got directed to a nice one the other day after going to the lcdh that was shut down. Not many lounges around town that I've found other than one in Shanghai that was small but had great selection.

Smoking is generally more accepted here still. I dint see people smoking in restaurants but no one gives the stink eye when you want to smoke.

They actually think cigars are pretty cool :)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Grabbing lunch at "world of pigeons"

Fried pigeon(delicacy in Dongguan)

A delicious tofu dish

Some veggie grown underwater

A fantastic beef stir fry

And round it out with pig tongue(flavorless and tough, not a fan)

Now I want a stogie...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Family is super important. Sometimes we do what we have to do to keep them happy and safe. Just can't forget seeing us often trumps all the stuff we think is important. Hang in there you'll be back before you know it

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Family is super important. Sometimes we do what we have to do to keep them happy and safe. Just can't forget seeing us often trumps all the stuff we think is important. Hang in there you'll be back before you know it
All in a day's work :)

And it never hurts to get a refresher on how much I love my wife and kids. Sad that it takes being away sometimes but it is what it is.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Another tea gift from factory. I might not have to buy any tea this trip :)

Also just went into cigar shop where lady offered me cohiba mad 5 for 320rmb, aka ~$50...

Not to mention she had all of her boxes sitting on shelves in store...Not in a hunidor...wtf

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Another tea gift from factory. I might not have to buy any tea this trip :)

Also just went into cigar shop where lady offered me cohiba mad 5 for 320rmb, aka ~$50...

Not to mention she had all of her boxes sitting on shelves in store...Not in a hunidor...wtf
That is cool looking tea. Maybe her store was already 70/70 lol jk wow that's lot of coin for cigar not kept right

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Apparently the word is out to bomb me at factories...

A new tea, danzhong?¿ Hard to get a spelling from these guys in English lol

And some cigars

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Yeah. I was wondering the same thing. Sounds like a sweet gig anyways. Not sure if I could eat the food, but neat to see the pics for sure.