What's new

Chef in China

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yes you did. Basically had one of the office ladies help me with that on the second week. Didn't really need much. Didn't go to far off of the rails. Per say. Just needed a cheat sheet to get to the ferry and to make sure I took the right one to the airport. Otherwise it was seat of the pants due to not having enough information before hand and it was awesome!!! Nothing like standing at the counter at Micky D's pointing at pictures for breakfast. Just curious if you had anything more specific.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Yes you did. Basically had one of the office ladies help me with that on the second week. Didn't really need much. Didn't go to far off of the rails. Per say. Just needed a cheat sheet to get to the ferry and to make sure I took the right one to the airport. Otherwise it was seat of the pants due to not having enough information before hand and it was awesome!!! Nothing like standing at the counter at Micky D's pointing at pictures for breakfast. Just curious if you had anything more specific.
I just wing it, love the adrenaline rush of not knowing where the Fuck I'm going or where i am at

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
First thing I heard when I stepped out of the car was "Wow! You're fat." Then "Wow! You're white." In broken English. I was like "Yeah, I know." She was a sweetheart though. Really had to think about what she wanted to say. What can I say? I'm a rock star in China.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
so karaoke = sex bar? weird.
Yep...back when I used to make the China, Hong Kong, Taiwan trip every 3 months there was always a push to take me out to the KTV (karaoke bar) after dinner. They would bring in the girls and each person was assigned a girl as their "helper" to serve the drinks and accompany them for the evening. In more than one instance the offer was made at the end of the night to have her accompany me back to the hotel. The people I did business with learned pretty quickly though that I was not OK with taking it to that next level.

I put in quite a bit of time listening to Chinese guys signing "take me Home Country Roads" and Chinese girls singing "my heart will go on" in off key broken English though. I also sang Hotel California, House of the rising Sun, Always on my mind and quite a few other songs myself. Hell I even sang "Paranoid" once at a KTV in Shanghai. my favorite though was one night in Taiwan when I sang "some kind of wonderful" and had the whole room rocking with me when I got to the part where the song goes "Can I get a witness?....Can I get a witness?"

Ahhhh...the fond (fuzzy) memories

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Now I understand. We went with 20 other people from work including kids so I didn't see that side of it. Ended up singing a duet of a song I never heard of. Walk through the door and was handed a beer and a mic and told to get to work. That and Layla. Had a lot of fun playing dice too.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Back to the good stuff. If you haven't found it, there is a killer French Patisserie past all of the Tailors and watch shops on Mody Rd in Kowloon. Awesome pastries and sandwiches. Easily within walking distance of the Sheraton hotel. Just ask the concierge.