What's new

Chex Mix

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
At the holidays, my family makes something called puppy chow. It's chex with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. It's pretty funktastic.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Haha finally another human that knows nuts and bolts. I'll take homemade chex over any store made but the rye chips are fantastic in the chex brand one
At the holidays, my family makes something called puppy chow. It's chex with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. It's pretty funktastic.
I've had both of these too. Now I'm hungry!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
image.jpg Here's my second batch of the season. Kicked it up with some hot sauce and Cajun seasoning. 3 kinds of Chex cereal, pretzels, Cheerios, mixed nuts and gold fish for my daughter.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Baked four 9x11 cake pans full of nuts and bolts right before Christmas. I think there's maybe one gallon zip-loc bag left.
I won't touch the store-bought stuff.
No matter how many batches I make...or how much extra I put in.... there's always Cheerios left over. WTH am I supposed to do with left-over Cheerios? I'd never eat them for breakfast?

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Made this for Superbowl. Sam's had Chex on clearance so I grabbed a box with 3 types of Chex in it. I put them into a vegetable basket and left them offset in my smoker for close to an hour. Afterwards, I used garlic powder, onion powder, some inexpensive parmesan, and a couple pats of Butter for seasoning! With more time on my hands, :I'll source out more to add to the mix!

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Every time I see Chex mix, I think of the 'recipe' that was literally handed down from my grandmother called "nuts and bolts". Nuts and Bolts was the original chex mix, made with small pretzel sticks and cheerios (nuts and bolts), along with wheat chex, rice chex, and mixed nuts.
All tossed with butter, seasoning, and a touch of Worcester sauce, and baked in the oven.
Completely different than the store bought stuff, and lots of flavors...Kind of a tradition in the family :)
(Now I need to make some, LOL!!)
My mom use to make it for me and my brothers way back when. Thanks for bringing back some good memories.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Wish they sold just the rye chips...
No.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the rye chips. But I see all the filler in the bag as a safety precaution. My mouth would be so raw and cut up if I could have a whole bag of rye chips...

Also, Chex Mix + Sriracha = AMAZING. (at least, it's amazing going in....)

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the rye chips. But I see all the filler in the bag as a safety precaution. My mouth would be so raw and cut up if I could have a whole bag of rye chips...
They are slightly more dangerous than Captain Crunch.
Also, Chex Mix + Sriracha = AMAZING. (at least, it's amazing going in....)
Tell me more .