What's new

Choose one cigar for rest of life

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I think it's pretentious to just ask for just one for the rest of your life rather than what is relevant now. Honestly, with the knowledge of what selection is currently available -- it's surely impossible to narrow it down to one.
And more importantly that does not include what selection of cigars are "around the corner". And therein lies the beauty of our hobby/passion - the next great thing is always around the corner. This will never change. Embrace it, live it, share it.
Face it....you just can't choose between the PCR and the Black PL.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Pretentious? I dunno about that, Eric. It's a question meant to create conversation on a cigar chat board. It ain't a big deal.

I've looked into my humi in the past and wondered which one I'd choose if I could have only one. Great thread.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Pretentious? I dunno about that, Eric. It's a question meant to create conversation on a cigar chat board. It ain't a big deal.

I've looked into my humi in the past and wondered which one I'd choose if I could have only one. Great thread.
Yeah, this question is founded in the same amount of reality as questions like: Maryanne or Ginger? or "If you could take 5 books to a desert island, and had to stay there for the rest of your life, they would be...?"

It's only purpose to make you stop and think about what your individual priorities are when picking a cigar, and increasing the weight on those priorities because now you have to make a permanent decision for yourself. It is just a fun little exercise in decision making...

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
"Pretentious" may not have been the word I'd choose, but IMO Eric's sentiment is spot on. I've been slowly transitioning my thought process when I choose a cigar. I used to quite often pick a yardgar when I may be interrupted or have some distraction, but now I'm trying more and more to just choose the best cigar I have at the moment, as I never know which one could be my last.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'm gonna be honest here and just say I can't make up my freeking mind. I have a couple that I just couldn't choose between. On a dime though I'd take the Tat 7th reserva.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well good to see most people didnt view it as pretentious. I didnt mean it in that way, as the others said, I meant it just to think about what quality of cigar you enjoy the most and then what the lowest/most reasonably priced cigar you can get that has that quality. I fully know that tastes change, heck mine change all the time, but this was also meant to just take a step back from always chasing the new thing, and try to think about what is a steady favorite. Haha granted I wasnt that long winded.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if I could only pick one it would be the Fuente Sun Grown in the Queen B vitola. I get a good flavor out of it, good construction and burn, plus is priced so I could smoke one every day.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I'm going to simply say...........NO
Haha um gotta be with you on this to hard
Every time I see a new comment on this thread I try to think of a good one for me and I just can't. I would probably have to go with a stick that is a higher end stick that has a history of maintaining quality and consistency. Truth is, even if it is more expensive than my average cigar, I will probably end up spending less on cigars per month because I only have one type to buy :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll have to second the Padron Londres Maduro. It just hits all the right notes for me and it's always available and always inexpensive.