What's new

Cigar Aficionado’s Top 25 of 2009

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
There were some suprises on the list for me this year, but over all I was happy with a lot of them, particularly:

Padilla 1932
Illusione Eperany
Ambos Mundos (a big surprise!)
La Aurora Perferidos
RP OWR
My Father

By "happy," I mean that I'm a fan of these sticks and it's nice to see them get a bit of recognition. I like a number of others on the list as well, but those have been on before.

Did you guys notice all of the Salomone love this year? What are there like 3 Salomones on that list? I didn't smoke that many all year! Lots of non-traditional sizes, though, which is cool since CA tends to be so stodgy. 3 Salomones, 2 lanceros, and a perfecto.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Ditto...there are some WTF's mixed in there...but it is better than the top 10. And 22 is a nice schtick too.

A little pissed monster series or any TATS were not listed! But congrats to Dion for #19
CA doesn't review the Monster Series, so they could never make the list. I'm not sure if they'll review the Verocu or Black Tubos in 2010 or not, I'd guess yes.

Also, the La Traviata isn't technically released until THIS YEAR, the "spirit" sticks that you guys tried so far were pre-release.

I was happy that there was at least one Pete, one Dion, and one Lito stick on the list this year. Pepin rules still, of course.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
A lot of HUGE cigars in the 25.......who has the time and where can you smoke them.
Remember, as some have pointed out in this thread, the reviewers apparently only smoke the first third or so of the stick. Hell, if I smoked only that much of the cigar, I could "have" five or six of those monsters a day! :grin:

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I was real pleased to see the Hemingway show up in the top 10. A friend gave me a while back and I nearly posted here asking why more people weren't raving about it. Starts off a little slow, but by the 2/3 mark it's exactly what I love in AF cigars.

-Charles

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I was real pleased to see the Hemingway show up in the top 10. A friend gave me a while back and I nearly posted here asking why more people weren't raving about it. Starts off a little slow, but by the 2/3 mark it's exactly what I love in AF cigars.

-Charles
So was I. A very good cigar (maduro is even better)