What's new

Cigar Aficionado’s Top 25 of 2009

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have had one of the Padrón Family Reserve No. 45 Maduro's resting on my humi since October.

Can't wait for the next special occasion!!!

Maybe my next poker game with the boys!!!

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Now I have to go buy a box before everyone and their dog buys them all up...

the good thing is these are a $25 smoke. Not like the casa magna, everyone could afford to go out and buy one. The average joe isn't going to spend the money on these, #1 cigar or not.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm a bit skeptical of the #1, I have to say. But I suppose more research is needed (and unlikely to occur).

I just noticed though that this year they have a "Best Bargain Cigars of 2009" list as well, which will be released tomorrow. IS this new? I recall seeing these in CI write-ups before but never an official CA list. I think that's a great idea, and perhaps a remedy for last year's CM backlash.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I'm a bit skeptical of the #1, I have to say. But I suppose more research is needed (and unlikely to occur).

I just noticed though that this year they have a "Best Bargain Cigars of 2009" list as well, which will be released tomorrow. IS this new? I recall seeing these in CI write-ups before but never an official CA list. I think that's a great idea, and perhaps a remedy for last year's CM backlash.
No in the Mag they had it last year too. That is what I look to more

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
might be a little off topic.. but im curious with this being an American magazine, how do they get away with purchasing and testing habanos?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
As much as I like looking at their list, I know from my own palate to take it with a grain of salt. I'll probably end up trying some on the list not because they said so but because I've never had them before.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Glad to see the 601 Blue Maduro got some love at #6
Great cigar but a little surprised it made it. I have smoked about a dozen of these and the first 3rd is a little harsh but the last half is pure gold flavor bomb. I mean really strong and rich. However i had heard they only smoke the first 3rd for these ratings so surprised they rated it that high off the first 3rd..strange

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought the T10 was respectable. The other 15... boring. OH, and I can't BELIEVE that dog-rocket HC made it anywhere NEAR the T25.

Bear

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I thought the T10 was respectable. The other 15... boring. OH, and I can't BELIEVE that dog-rocket HC made it anywhere NEAR the T25.

Bear
I thought the HC was a great cigar!

But... I'm shocked the Ambos Mundos made it over some of Pete's other stuff and can't believe La Traviata got snubbed all together.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I know a lot of you guys like the 45s, but in our store it's a real hit or miss cigar. Old school Padron lovers really don't like it, while some of the new crowd and Tat lovers really dig it.

Personally I did not like it, but my point is for being hit or miss, I don't think that should qualify for the number one spot.