What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 2014

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Jmphotog, usually they don't put limited editions, store exclusives, or TAA cigars on the list. They believe it should be a cigar that is readily available at a local cigar store.
completely understandable .. but correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the monte number 2 number one last year LOL? I think if they can put a CC up they can make room for a TAA or a LC of some sorts.. just my 0.02 no pun intended

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
You all have to remember that only cigars they review this past year are eligible (I think), so you won't see the tat taa since I don't think they did

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I enjoyed the Royale bur it's no way a top 10 for me. I'd take a Room 101 over the Royale. All top lists are subjective anyway. It's the same in the 4x4 and firearm magazines. Some of the stuff will have you scratching your head.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Politics seem to run a lot of things. Ive never been good at politics outside of moving up in my career but even with that I am too honest lol. People dont appreciate blunt honesty.

CA knows for a fact they must but the biggest contributors up on the top 25 list because if not then the ROI for the cigar manufacturers isnt worth it. The Aging Room F55 from last year was a decent smoke but worthy of top NC? Nope.

We are in agreement on everything better than Ghurkha hahaha
The CA list is always the same BS

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Their list is a farce IMHO. In years past they had claimed that they only smoke one inch of a cigar for a review. They then tried to justify such nonsense.
I don't know if they've since changed the one inch policy? Maybe they have. But they lost all credibility, for me anyway. I canceled my subscription when they put that $5 whatever it was, cigar as number one a few years back.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Their list is a farce IMHO. In years past they had claimed that they only smoke one inch of a cigar for a review. They then tried to justify such nonsense.
I don't know if they've since changed the one inch policy? Maybe they have. But they lost all credibility, for me anyway. I canceled my subscription when they put that $5 whatever it was, cigar as number one a few years back.
Yep, I stopped renewing my subscription too. They devoted more copy space to $15,000 watches than to cigars I enjoyed smoking. The 2 sentence reviews to 85 cigars every issue were useless!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
#11 looks like a keeper :)
Need some? Lol

My hatred for this place grows as time goes on. They could be great but they insist on over charging since they're one of the few games in town, especially for people who drink.

Their last price increase was egregious. Rounded up to the next quarter(ie 7.16 becomes 7.25) THEN added 10% on every stick...