What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 for 2011

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Most of the cigar brands smoked on this board make up such a small % of the of the cigars manufactured every year, that is is virtually impossible to have any significant effect on the buying power or opinion of what gets made. Sure a select few manufacturers are on this board and listen to what we say, some people are friends with some of these manufacturers, but overall the production of these manufacturers is very small when compared to the larger companies out there. Small limited edition runs made by these manufacturers combined is nothing compared to the worst selling cigar from Altadis, General, etc.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What's unfortunate is that all this power is in the hands of arrogant pricks who don't take the task seriously (1 inch of a cigar tells you very little when comparing good cigars, sorry).

Do you know any of this as fact or is it conjecture? What I'm asking is do you know any of those guys and can say they are arrogant and not serious, or you're just making a statement with no facts behind it? The whole they smoke an inch thing has beaten to death and there's still no proof. Please don't drag that tired CA post by Savona or Mott which guys twist around more than jihadists do the Koran.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I get your reference, jayro... And I have been reading all the posts, no matter how ridiculous.

What I am saying is how ridiculous some of the assinine arguments and pissing contests have been, in this thread. Mike started this to dicuss the CA Top 25, and how we felt about it. Some people seem to take offense to well-founded opinions and just love to stir shit. I'm sorry, but that's what a lot of the posts are in this thread. It's quite unfortunate that some people have no better entertainment in their lives, than the type of amusement they get out of not simply voicing their opinion, but rather take every single word someone else says, and have to pick at it and try to start conflict with other people.

That would be my point.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The rest of the list....

25. Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Pyramid
24. Camacho Corojo Torpedo
23. La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Matatan
22. Oliva Serie V Liga Especial Double Robusto
21. H. Upmann No. 2
20. La Reloba Selección Sumatra Torpedo
19. Dunhill Signed Range Toro
18. La Gloria Cubana Rabito de Cochino
17. Winston Churchill Chartwell
16. Aging Room Small Batch M356 Presto
15. Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona
14. E.P. Carrillo Golosos
13. Ashton Estate Sun Grown 22-Year Salute
12. Casa Fernandez Miami Toro
11. Arturo Fuente Rosado Sungrown Magnum R Vitola “Fifty-Four”

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Who cares if there's discussion? We're all adults....and as such, we aren't all going to agree. I've seen out of control threads. This one is far from it (although I haven't went back to read every single page, nor will I....but ive been keeping up).

If this was a forum where everyone simply agreed for the sake of "peace keeping", and free thought was frowned upon, that's no where I'd want to be.

As for the CA list...and back on topic, count me in the "who cares" group. I would be curious to hear the response to Jay's last question though (regarding CAs specific testing method...from Nate if he knows, or anyone).

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Awfully glad to see the Upmann No. 2 on here. The couple I've had recently have been spot on.

As for the HdM DC and Punch DC making the list, I wish it weren't so freaking cold so I could smoke dobles again!!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Awfully glad to see the Upmann No. 2 on here. The couple I've had recently have been spot on.

As for the HdM DC and Punch DC making the list, I wish it weren't so freaking cold so I could smoke dobles again!!
Yup.....it wasnt just the CA folks who thought the Upmann was one of the most consistent pyramides. Was the top rated 2 vitola on a popular cc forum as well. Never had the HdM or Punch DCs though, but not eager to run out and try me either.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Man I've got some catching up to do, I've only smoked 7 of these and didn't even know that some of them existed!

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I actually don't think the 11-25 bunch is that bad... Some stinkers in there, but for a CA top 25, it could be worse...

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
La Aroma Mi Amor Beli
Epernay Le Taureau
Partagas Serie P2
Cabaiguan Guapo
Fuente Rosado Magnum 54
EP Carillo Golosos
Oliva Serie V Double Robusto

These are some frequently smoked sticks out of the Top25. These are top notch sticks. The only sticks that could have made it in my Top 25 though may have been the Guapo and the Serie P2.

Ishtar

Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's talking about this Prensado. It's a decent cigar. Whether it belongs in the Top 10 or not is simply a matter of opinion but either way, it's nowhere near as profundicating as the Casa Mag Col being #1 or how about the fact that Warlock was in the Top 10 at all???