Cigar Aficionado Top 25

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Happy that the Headley Grange at least made the list, even if it was at #24

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I'm actually surprised not to see the mule kick, I know it was a late arriver to the party (November) and they have the top 25 lost well in advance of the new year but they have a cigar that was crazy limited... From last year (fine and rare) so it can't be an availability thing

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I dont see Melanio up there at all, thats really surprising as well
Wow, no LAT or Melanio, and a Macanudo Crü Royale, that thing was terrible!!

Congrats to Jon and crew for Headley Grange, great smoke, excited for other vitolas!!
I'm actually surprised not to see the mule kick, I know it was a late arriver to the party (November) and they have the top 25 lost well in advance of the new year but they have a cigar that was crazy limited... From last year (fine and rare) so it can't be an availability thing
I was actually told - not sure if true - that all reviews must be completed by October 1, 2012 to be eligible for the Top 25. The Melanio, LAT 56 and Mule Kick were all post-October 1 reviews; whereas, the Rocky 50th, I believe, was an October 2011 review that made it into this year.

Perhaps that means we have front-runners for next year's #1?

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I dont see Melanio up there at all, thats really surprising as well
Wow, no LAT or Melanio, and a Macanudo Crü Royale, that thing was terrible!!

Congrats to Jon and crew for Headley Grange, great smoke, excited for other vitolas!!
I was actually told - not sure if true - that all reviews must be completed by October 1, 2012 to be eligible for the Top 25. The Melanio, LAT 56 and Mule Kick were all post-October 1 reviews; whereas, the Rocky 50th, I believe, was an October 2011 review that made it into this year.

Perhaps that means we have front-runners for next year's #1?
Well if that's the case that makes total sense, I just hope those cigars don't get lost in the shuffle waiting until next time because those three could easily be a lists 1,2,3!!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
With regard to that business about CA testers only smoking an inch of the cigars or whatever... I don't have a problem with that, and I find Mott's defense compelling. There's also the reputed quote of Zino Davidoff to consider: "A gentleman smokes a cigar only to mid-length, and only a brute smokes it down to a third."

FWIW, call me a brute and hand me that roach clip.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
With regard to that business about CA testers only smoking an inch of the cigars or whatever... I don't have a problem with that, and I find Mott's defense compelling. There's also the reputed quote of Zino Davidoff to consider: "A gentleman smokes a cigar only to mid-length, and only a brute smokes it down to a third."

FWIW, call me a brute and hand me that roach clip.
Understandable brother, but if you found a cigar that didn't get hot or bitter at the end, wouldn't it rank higher in hour opinion than one that does? Or at least factor it into your deciding if it was a good stick?

Jon Huber and EP blended the Headley Grange to change flavor halfway, if you missed that completely than what's the point?

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been told by people close to CA (actually I think one is an employee of CA, cant remember for sure though) that the one inch thing is not true. Does anyone have a source for these accusations? I would really like to see it. The only place I have ever heard anyone say they only smoke the first inch is on forums.

11-25 will be posted up in 10 minutes
My old manager was in the room one time while they were tasting and rating. He said 1/2" to 1" is smoked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Halfwheel top 5 was a little Tatuaje limited release heavy, 3 out 5? Most of us will never get our hands on 4 out 5. Starting with the Tatuaje, Little Boris (5000 cigars), WCD (3,250 cigars shipped to W. Curtis Draper) and Bombazo (2,500 cigars shipped to Fumare). Then the Habano Regional Release for Italy.

They could call it the most "Obscure cigars of 2012 that you'll never smoke. that we think are the best."

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Halfwheel top 5 was a little Tatuaje limited release heavy, 3 out 5? Most of us will never get our hands on 4 out 5. Starting with the Tatuaje, Little Boris (5000 cigars), WCD (3,250 cigars shipped to W. Curtis Draper) and Bombazo (2,500 cigars shipped to Fumare). Then the Habano Regional Release for Italy.

They could call it the most "Obscure cigars of 2012 that you'll never smoke. that we think are the best."
^^ Haha!^^