What's new

Cigar Aficionado

Is Cigar Aficionado worth $19.95 for 12 issues a year?

• Total voters

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
joshua said:
My free subscription is gonna run out and I am not paying for that magazine. If I find another free subscription online somewhere I'll sign up but its not worth paying them to read a ton of ads for crap I probably wont buy.
Same here...I still get the magazine even though I sub'd almost 3 years ago and renewed via free sub link from somewhere. To me, it's not worth it at all no matter what they charge. I'm blue collar and the mag is pretty much a white collar publication. The only things I've read in there of any interest are the cigar reviews (which suck half the time), the connosuiers corner (which suck too), the interviews are pretty good, and I keep looking in the picture section for Tom.

Other than that, the first 3/4 of the mag sucks ass, 1/8 of it is tollerable, and what remains are those little cards that keep falling out.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Gee guys. Don't you make your christmas list from the must have section? I'm shocked. I really like this magazine. Its Wine Spectator with cigars. I find the tasting notes amusing but not really useful. Maybe the target audience is different. Well my Rolls is here so later.....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nope. Usually manage to get a glimpse of it somewhere or another. Plus, too many ads and not enough substance.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
CWS said:
Gee guys. Don't you make your christmas list from the must have section? I'm shocked. I really like this magazine. Its Wine Spectator with cigars. I find the tasting notes amusing but not really useful. Maybe the target audience is different. Well my Rolls is here so later.....
:rofl:

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not enough "Cigar Content" Nope.

I've subscribed over the years but never at $20 bucks, usually 14.95. I could not get it otherwise when I lived in Alaska. Now I haven't decided yet for next Year.

my 2 bits

slack

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I was given a subscription as a gift a few years ago. Never really found it to be that substancial in content. Doubt I'd ever buy it. Cigar Mag on the other hand, I read from Cover to Cover and can't wait for the next issue... now if only they could review habanos........

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
my dad gave me an issue of one a while back that he "liberated" from somewhere. not too bad of a mag, but not worth buying. i can get interviews with celebrities and reviews of hi-tech gadgets in Playboy. (plus extras!)
any cigar i want reviewed i can get here.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There was a deal on ebay a couple of weeks ago, three years for $19.99. I didn't take it. There is so little content that interests me. Their website has much more available for free.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Terrasco... I'm a magazine lover. I friggin' love nothing more than to kick back in bed on a weekend and just flip through the pages, and I don't even mind ads. But cA has so little content on cigars, it's ridiculous.

I subscribe to 4 monthlies and 2 weeklies. cA is more like Robb Report but with Cigar in the title... I have really gotten to like Cigar Magazine, and I appreciate their "mission" to be a truly cigar-centric magazine... I wish they came out monthly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think cigar aficionado is worth 20 bucks a year. You just have to take the cigar reviews themselves with a grain of salt. They give you some idea what to expect, but the best part of the magazine is everything else.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I said NO, But I do get CA, This is the last year of a three subscription, It was a gift to me from my Family, will I reorder NO..............

sleepydoc

Gas Passer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I subscribe, but I won't pay for it, for the reasons already mentioned.

I use my (worthless) frequent flyer points. Nowadays, it's nigh unto impossible to get a flight without using double points, so I just don't pay any attention to them.

I do use them for magazines, however. For 400 miles, I can get CA for a year. That's 400 miles that's not doing me any good otherwise, so why not?

Poriggity

CRA Ambassador #0042
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I won't subscribe to it. My local shop subscribes to CA, cigar mag, Smoke, and the best one yet, PLAYBOY! Can you guess which one I "read"? :D I have one issue of CA, and I don't read it. Way too much high roller crap in there, and stuff I would never want, or can afford. Any amount of money is a waste for that rag.
Scott