What's new

Cigar Aficionado

Is Cigar Aficionado worth $19.95 for 12 issues a year?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I voted no. I have all the issues of "Cigar afficionado" until they went to "cigar Afficionado". Once they changed the name and put the bulk of the cigar content in the back I never got another subscription. They became more of a life style magizine. I don't see myself buying an island or a hellicopter anytime soon.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The other thread asking if I read or liked it I said no, but for $1.50 or so an issue I would then get that much out of it. so I voted yes!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I go to a cigar parlor and thumb through the magazines, I find other cigar publications to be more interesting reading than Cigar Aficianado.

Much of the magazine is about the lifestyles of rich and famous people who smoke cigars. It finally hit me that Cigar Afficianado is like Playboy and Cosmopolitan Magazines. By this I mean that there is a sense in which CA isn't really about cigars and Playboy isn't really about naked women: all three magazines are about selling the reader a certain self-image of sophistication, whether it be the sophisticated cigar smoker, the sophisticated ladies' man, or the sophisticated modern woman. Cosmo is the most honest of the three in terms of being upfront about it.

(Caveat: I haven't read Playboy in ages. My comments are based on what the magazine was like back in, oh, the 70's and 80's.)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a subscription but I just got my last issue in the mail. I dont think I'll renew. Just gunna bum it and read the shops copys

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
No. I mean HELL no.

You buy and smoke cigars, you don't subscribe to periodicals about them. But do feel free to read your fishing, hunting, hotrods, and men's magazines while enjoying a good smoke. I'll allow them. :wink:
Have you read a copy of CA? It isn't a periodical about cigars...

:stretchgr

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If I could get it for $20 a year, I'd jump all over it. Thats only $2 an issue. I think it retails here for $7-8. Nice to have lay around the office.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Maybe worth $1.95 a year.

I got a year subscription as a gift 2009 Christmas and it was for a year.... I've gotten 3 issues more than was paid for.... I won't buy it again. Too much BS that I could never afford or smoke.
I just got a subscription to Cigarsnob. A WAY better mag IMO.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Everything in the magazine is also on their website......for free! If I see it at the mini mart on base I will buy it from time to time.....it's a great coffee table read!