What's new

Cigar Boards are selling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From an It standpoint is trying to get all of the personal info off of the servers for whatever reason? One ca only wonder what he is after? Maybe government?

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I would put money on the fact that he is simply consolidating the cigar masses to create an enormouse pool of consumers in one particular market. Once he has done that, he has a lot of profit potential simply through advertising, or, should he not want to take it that far, get everything up and running and sell. Regardless, I don't think this is a good situation for us. (not specifically us, but the cigar smoker)

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
The list as it stands now...

ClubStogie.com
Top25Cigar.com
CigarLive..com
Cigar-Review.com
CigarSmokers.com
nublive.com
garlive.com
cigarlivevideo.com
nubcigar.com
cigarlivepodcast.com

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The list as it stands now...

ClubStogie.com
Top25Cigar.com
CigarLive..com
Cigar-Review.com
CigarSmokers.com
nublive.com
garlive.com
cigarlivevideo.com
nubcigar.com
cigarlivepodcast.com
Why on earth would a cigar mfg sell their website?

~Mark

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
That is very odd to say the least. Maybe nubcigar.com is tied to cigarlive in some way? So when cigarlive was purchased he got nubcigar along with all the sister forums.

Jay Hemingway

i know because of KRS1
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are all selling, what is going on? What is his motive? His goals? Will they be shut down to form one site and all the urls repoint?
He has been very quiet about his intentions.

yea and on everyboard he has not answered any of these members questions (except for the 4 lined paragraph that he has a wife,twins,likes cigars and lives in florida, which seems to be copied and pasted from his memo). they are being told to shut up and wait, eventually you will see.:devil:

joking over at CS, i said he was going to merge them all together and create "Cigar Space"!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterica

i was joking but the more i think about it, i may be right.:thinkidea

i don't know, i have a lot of mixed feelings about this. i know i would feel a lot better about it all if jon had indeed been a true BOTL and if he was a member of some of these boards before he bought them. looking around it's just a business to him. he is here to make money. it may be a perk for him that he smokes cigars, but he is here to make money, hands down.

we will see.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
I've seen another type of "Hobie" forms bought up by one person. This was over a year ago and VERY little has changed. There in it for the web traffic and $$. The day to day stuff is let up to the people who formerly owned and operated it. I'm sure some things changed behind the scenes but it affected very few people.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
joking over at CS, i said he was going to merge them all together and create "Cigar Space"!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterica

i was joking but the more i think about it, i may be right.:thinkidea
This is exactly what he is doing. Its all about Ad Revenue and SEO hits. Generates lots of dollars. Plus he can also charge the cigar companies top dollar to advertise on his 'sites', aswell as charge for marketing lists.

I'm not sure if he has approached BOTL, but i don't think i would blame you guys for selling. It seems as if he's offering close to 100-150k? One board mentioned a house down payment and a new car.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
This is exactly what he is doing. Its all about Ad Revenue and SEO hits. Generates lots of dollars. Plus he can also charge the cigar companies top dollar to advertise on his 'sites', aswell as charge for marketing lists.

I'm not sure if he has approached BOTL, but i don't think i would blame you guys for selling. It seems as if he's offering close to 100-150k? One board mentioned a house down payment and a new car.
I have to say I agree. Even though none of us want you to sell to a guy who is out to use us to make money. I'm sure we couldn't raise that kind of money to keep you from selling. 100K goes a long way here in Cali much less way out in the boonies where you guys live. Any how I hope you guys can make enough money to be comfortable and I hopw we can have this little escape from reality corner of the net for ourselves. I don't care about advertising on the boards, with out advertising how would we ever know what was being sold.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Money indeed can be tempting. Though it is possibly one of the best ways to test a man's character, on the other hand...

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Last time Eric and I talked, BOTL was not for sell.

Hell, at this rate, BOTL will be the only cigar board not owned by Jon...which will make it unique in itself. :grin: