What's new

Cigar Boards are selling

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Hearing David say that it wasn't for sale makes me happy... It would be awfully negative for a site called BOTL to be owned by someone who only knows what it means and NOT how it's practiced. I don't know the guy (to the best of my knowledge) but I thought the big no-no on cigar boards was making money on other brothers. Isn't this the admin version of price gauging?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Not sure it can be considering price gouging since the admins owned the boards and had to run them and also deal with the headaches.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Hearing David say that it wasn't for sale makes me happy... It would be awfully negative for a site called BOTL to be owned by someone who only knows what it means and NOT how it's practiced. I don't know the guy (to the best of my knowledge) but I thought the big no-no on cigar boards was making money on other brothers. Isn't this the admin version of price gauging?
Excellent point, I couldn't agree more.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.

Nofollow tags have been common practice for a few years and most users would never notice them being used. The "mass exodus" is from member who make $$ from traffic to there own web sites. Not saying that its a bad thing. But I think thats the reason there all in a tizzy. Thats just my $.02

They already started doing signature enforcement over at Cigar Live...

Never been to Cigar Live, but are they censoring the sig tags? If so, that is different from nofollow tag and is totally wrong! :argh: I would leave in a heart beat.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The list as it stands now...

ClubStogie.com
Top25Cigar.com
CigarLive..com
Cigar-Review.com
CigarSmokers.com
nublive.com
garlive.com
cigarlivevideo.com
nubcigar.com
cigarlivepodcast.com
I spoke with John over at NubLive. He runs Sam's board and said the board has NOT been sold. "I suspect that he recognizes the traffic and sees ad opportunity. After all, the spam-bots troll all boards feverishly but NubLive is Sam's board and that's that!"

Dogwatch Dale

Herfcastin' BotL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last time Eric and I talked, BOTL was not for sell.

Hell, at this rate, BOTL will be the only cigar board not owned by Jon...which will make it unique in itself. :grin:
Been following this on multiple boards for a couple days now. No opinions yet until we see what's real and what's not. Big doin's and speculation, that's for sure. What ever happens, the sites that remain independent and true to the community spirit will survive and thrive, as this great site shows. If BOTL is the last one standing, I say, what better place to be? :smokingbo

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Makes me glad to be here. JC doesn't sound like someone I'd get along with very well. I've been booted from a couple of forums for including live links in my posts. I can't wrap my brain around that mentality. You're trying to share information with someone, it's the most efficient way to go about it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed one of the boards banned Asher for asking questions. They said he hadn't been a member before and was just there to stir up trouble (I have no idea on the facts), but it doesn't sound like a good start.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I noticed one of the boards banned Asher for asking questions. They said he hadn't been a member before and was just there to stir up trouble (I have no idea on the facts), but it doesn't sound like a good start.
Yeah, I asked Jon Caputo to clarify some allegations he had made, and my account disappeared almost immediately. (To clarify: I'd had an account there for 6 months or so, but that was my first (and only!) post.)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I, as well as others, have followed this situation with great interest and more than a little dread. I believe the attacks on Rod at CP were totally unjustified. It’s pretty undeniable that this Caputo guy approached Rod and he turned him down. Don’t get me wrong here, I could give a rat’s ass what happens to CP. I’m also not a great admirer of Cigar Live for that matter but, they will lose much membership if Caputo’s track record proves the norm. I worry about free sites everywhere being bought out and any freedom of ideas being side-lined for the sake of commercial appearance by Nazi moderators and editing of content. This site and others have either not been approached or have turned down this corporate consolidation but there’s an old saying that states…”Money changes Everything!” My hope it that this is not the beginning topic related forums being assimilated and free ideas with exchanging of information becoming extinct.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Am I the only one who's wondering, What are no-follow tags and sig tags?
My guess is that it would be a way to advertise with out paying. A person could list a cigar shop's name or website in a sig tag and not pay to advertise on the site. Just another form of the man trying to keep us down.