What's new

Cigar Boards are selling

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
In the past (and general policy), I've let problems and discussions of other cigar communities not spill over into our community. Since BOTL is our community, the focus should be on that. Thinking positive and building our home rather than criticizing what others are doing; a proud and upheld trait that sets our cigar community apart from others.

With that said, there are two reasons why this thread still remains. One as a way of communicating with members of those affected communities who have chosen to come here and call BOTL their new home. It comes across to me that legitimate concerns from those have questioned their former community have either resulted in consequences or not being answered. While I nor others here can answer the questions, we do have a solution - our community.

The second reason is that I wanted to read the reactions after waiting 8 months. Jon did contact me in February about buying BOTL.org. After a week of communication I declined to sell. Rod made a few good points that I feel would be redundant in saying as well (unknown outsider, etc). Most (but not all) responses within this thread are what I expected. In the end, it made me more appreciative of what our community is really about. I did not want to give the community that has been loyal and put trust into this community throughout the years to feel I "sold out". BOTL is not what it is because of me but what YOU have contributed. For me to take the credit for the value of BOTL would be a travesty.

With that said, I'm asking everyone that we move forward. What Jon does with the websites he has purchased as well as those who sold are their business now. If we instead focus our energy on our community by upstanding the quality of membership and contributions, we will all benefit and have a place to call home - evermore.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Thank you for keeping the integrity of this forum & thank you also for keeping this thread up as it is very informative.

I hope that what attracted me to this particular forum stays intact...

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Hear hear. Let's get the brotherly love moving again. With that said i havbe devised a plan to make everyone feel better. I want all of you to pack up a decent 5r, nothing amazing , but no dog rockets. Pack em up and send them to me. You will all feel full of the brotherly/giving spirit, and I'll feel good after seeing how much you all care about our community here. Pm me for my addy......:bouncetau

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
In the past (and general policy), I've let problems and discussions of other cigar communities not spill over into our community. Since BOTL is our community, the focus should be on that. Thinking positive and building our home rather than criticizing what others are doing; a proud and upheld trait that sets our cigar community apart from others.

With that said, there are two reasons why this thread still remains. One as a way of communicating with members of those affected communities who have chosen to come here and call BOTL their new home. It comes across to me that legitimate concerns from those have questioned their former community have either resulted in consequences or not being answered. While I nor others here can answer the questions, we do have a solution - our community.

The second reason is that I wanted to read the reactions after waiting 8 months. Jon did contact me in February about buying BOTL.org. After a week of communication I declined to sell. Rod made a few good points that I feel would be redundant in saying as well (unknown outsider, etc). Most (but not all) responses within this thread are what I expected. In the end, it made me more appreciative of what our community is really about. I did not want to give the community that has been loyal and put trust into this community throughout the years to feel I "sold out". BOTL is not what it is because of me but what YOU have contributed. For me to take the credit for the value of BOTL would be a travesty.

With that said, I'm asking everyone that we move forward. What Jon does with the websites he has purchased as well as those who sold are their business now. If we instead focus our energy on our community by upstanding the quality of membership and contributions, we will all benefit and have a place to call home - evermore.
Thank God you said that...I didn't want to spill the beans that BOTL had been propositioned! :smile:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Eric and Dave,

You guys are a class act. While I, like many others here, would not fault you for selling,I am still very grateful that you didn't. Even though I am not nearly as active here as some, I still find BOTL a wonderful source of camaraderie and knowledge.

Thanks

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Eric, thanks for the post and am I glad to reaffirm the kind of person ye and David both are. I understand perfectly well yer point as well and agree that BOTL is from us and for us, we should not be focusing on what the others do wrong, but what we can improve. That is why I propose this thread goes Caput (o) (what a lame joke...) and we move on.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
This is my home forum. I was honored when David and Eric asked me to moderate. I believed that the foundation they started here that has continued to build based on new smokers, seasoned cigar guys and just plain great folks was a place that gave every one a chance to talk about this past time...cigars. The belief has been further strengthened as we weathered break ups, pain, joy, births, deaths and a host of awesome cigars. Each and every person here makes this a place to enjoy.

Thank you Eric and David as this could not have been an easy decision. And you new guys, hang around because this is just going to keep getting better.

Welcome to BOTL - Brothers of the Leaf.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
This is my home forum. I was honored when David and Eric asked me to moderate. I believed that the foundation they started here that has continued to build based on new smokers, seasoned cigar guys and just plain great folks was a place that gave every one a chance to talk about this past time...cigars. The belief has been further strengthened as we weathered break ups, pain, joy, births, deaths and a host of awesome cigars. Each and every person here makes this a place to enjoy.

Thank you Eric and David as this could not have been an easy decision. And you new guys, hang around because this is just going to keep getting better.

Another well said thought, by someone I am proud to call my friend!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Chuck has been giving all these inspiring, wise words that I feel a mere mortal.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
damn I stuck my foot in my mouth again. Here I go making a joke in the middle of a big hugfest.

J/k

so where is that post while intoxicated thread again?