What's new

Cigar breath - what's YOUR home remedy ?

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Single Malt Scotch seems to work pretty well for me. :devil: In all seriousness, try fresh oranges, the sushi place down the street serves them after a meal and it work wonders for that.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Henry Clay Smoker's Mints I picked up at Emerson's in VA Beach.

That's only when I go somewhere after having a cigar, usually I don't give a shit....... because I'm married.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
One thing that I do is to take a cue-tip and clean out my nostrils with some mild soapy water. Since I tend to retro-hale fairly often this helps to get the smell out of my nose hairs. This combined with brushing my teeth usually helps. If I end up smoking 4 or 5 in a day though there is no amount of soap and toothpaste in the world that world that will make a difference.

If you just want to get rid of the cigar breath, eat some Doritos or beef sticks and wash it down with a couple of shots. You will still have dog breath but it will smell like booze and garlic instead of cigars.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
One thing that I do is to take a cue-tip and clean out my nostrils with some mild soapy water. Since I tend to retro-hale fairly often this helps to get the smell out of my nose hairs. This combined with brushing my teeth usually helps. If I end up smoking 4 or 5 in a day though there is no amount of soap and toothpaste in the world that world that will make a difference.

If you just want to get rid of the cigar breath, eat some Doritos or beef sticks and wash it down with a couple of shots. You will still have dog breath but it will smell like booze and garlic instead of cigars.

You forgot to tell them Rupe if they want dog breath they 'MUST' lick they're arse;) .....rev lol

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Sorry to dig this thread back up but someone on another forum said that sucking on fennel seeds seems to work.
I tried that and just about puked. I'd rather go to bed alone than take a mouthful of fennel seeds ever again.

So awful...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You should try out a neti pot or something similar. Someone said previously that the smell stays in the sinuses, so by sticking a qtip up your nose you are just getting some of it and end up with a funny itch. It will remoisturize the sinuses too. Just a thought.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

You should try out a neti pot or something similar. Someone said previously that the smell stays in the sinuses, so by sticking a qtip up your nose you are just getting some of it and end up with a funny itch. It will remoisturize the sinuses too. Just a thought.
This is so full of awesome sauce.....

Usually to get rid of my smokers breath I take my wife downtown. *Grin*

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Along the lines of "get married and don't give a shit".

I have developed selective hearing and I blame it on my $129/month hearing disability. She can talk for 20 min straight and I don't even hear a word, evidenced by her saying "did you hear anything I said in the past 20 minutes?!" to which I respond "I didn't know you were talking to me". I'm usually the only one in the room lol.

I think I developed this skill as a genetic pass down from my father who got it from his father. My mom's not a nag but my grandmother was in a big way. I'm told he could pretend to read the newspaper in his recliner while she walked around the house bitching and nagging, and he was asleep the whole time holding up the paper. Now I view that as serious talent.:nodlaugh: