What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Pm'd Keith, I think I'm gonna need one of these! 46rg, 4 slots...Looks great for shorter sessions and I've wanted a 46 rg for a while...
46 is the most ideal guage. Best wrapper to filler ratio in my personal opinion. I'm going to need some larger ring molds for events but I want a 46 ring for myself and I need a torpedo mold. I'm going to have to build a press too.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah, it's my fault. I admired that salamone mold that KJ makes, but I just don't like Mandingoes, so I asked him to scale one down for me, to where it would be just 6 inch and 50 rg. Received this beauty Friday:

So here's the thing: That shape done smaller produces this super skinny taper, like so:

Biz card for scale is like two inches north-south. From which you can see that long taper, it takes you half an hour along before you get any smoke volume. I like the way a fecto lights, where you torch a smaller tip & then the tip lights the rest. But here, the tip just goes on & on.

There's you see wife's bichon Sophie for scale.

Does not work for me. My fault not his. Anyone wants a brand new KJ mold making elegant salamonitos I'll swap you for a dozen cigars, home rolled or store bought. It's a pretty little form, makes pretty little sticks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, it's my fault. I admired that salamone mold that KJ makes, but I just don't like Mandingoes, so I asked him to scale one down for me, to where it would be just 6 inch and 50 rg. Received this beauty Friday:

So here's the thing: That shape done smaller produces this super skinny taper, like so:

Biz card for scale is like two inches north-south. From which you can see that long taper, it takes you half an hour along before you get any smoke volume. I like the way a fecto lights, where you torch a smaller tip & then the tip lights the rest. But here, the tip just goes on & on.

There's you see wife's bichon Sophie for scale.

Does not work for me. My fault not his. Anyone wants a brand new KJ mold making elegant salamonitos I'll swap you for a dozen cigars, home rolled or store bought. It's a pretty little form, makes pretty little sticks.
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. A lot of personal r&d, taste testing, and measuring of real cigars went into the larger version, and I use it for a reason even though I'm not a fan of larger rings anymore. But I'll cut whatever anyone wants me to cut, as long as it's technically feasible. With the taper on the larger ring I still only use maybe 4 leaves for filler which is reasonable. I prefer the 46 parejo, personally.