What's new

Cigar Mouthpieces?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I think clear would be too ugly too soon. simplest coloration would be a semi translucent silver and gold fume. but the options would be limitless for possible colorations.

Doubt there's enough surface area to help too much with that, It would need a fairly regular run through with a pipe cleaner I'd guess.
If it's down to the flavors being bad, I'm tossing it anyway. I'm not smoking reburnt tar for frugality, only if the nub is so good I'm not ready to be done with it.
Since you seem to be looking at making something, would it be possible (or even worth it) to design something that could accept a meerschaum pipe insert?
Something like this:
CA016.jpg
It might help with flavor, heat, condensation, etc.
I no nothing about what's practical to hand-make out of glass, so just tossing out ideas.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Since you seem to be looking at making something, would it be possible (or even worth it) to design something that could accept a meerschaum pipe insert?
Something like this:
View attachment 117524
It might help with flavor, heat, condensation, etc.
I no nothing about what's practical to hand-make out of glass, so just tossing out ideas.
Ooohhh! Very interesting! I didn't know that existed! Probably not worth the hassle for a holder, but that might be just the ticket for dealing with my concerns regarding heat in my plan to make a functional and worthwhile glass tobacco pipe...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Ooohhh! Very interesting! I didn't know that existed! Probably not worth the hassle for a holder, but that might be just the ticket for dealing with my concerns regarding heat in my plan to make a functional and worthwhile glass tobacco pipe...

Nice! Hopefully it works.

For the cigar holder, in my head I was envisioning a wood/rubber/metal (whatever is practical) body that would hold the insert. Then on the front end you could have several adapters for different RGs that would press or screw on to the body. On the back side would be a glass stem, which you could make all cool and decorative.

Might be something that would cost $50 to make, that no one would pay more than $35 for.
But if it could be done easily, might work. <shrug>

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Many of the ads on ebay refer to the meerschaum changing color due to the absorption of the liquids left behind by the smoke, the color building from the inside out but they do wax the outside of the holder with beeswax to keep it sealed I guess.

Glassman pm me your addy if you are still interested in getting the broken one.