What's new

Cigar Rolling Equipment for sale

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's not that I am averse to long term projects. I pride myself on long term projects. It's just, this is not one. If you can't pop out a gar in a brisk amount of time, I can't see where you're doing it right. The guys & gals doing it for a living, how long do they take?
This reminds me of guys back in sixth grade, very virginal guys, mind, talking about how they could f a girl in 15 seconds, they were just that good at sex. And later, in my twenties, I had this great friend who had this amazing trick with the ladies at parties, a reverse braggadocio spiel where he'd promise them, "In and out before ya know it; you won't even know anything happened to you, I promise."

"Son, I can whittle a stick under a minute, get my Saturday fishing done in seven minutes flat; watch two-hour movies in 28 minutes."

Anyway, it takes about 1:30 for a typical Cuban roller to bunch a typical robusto, not including anything but the act, from grabbing the binder leaves to shoving the bunch into the mold. But you know, these guys make $20/month for eight hours a day in a factory. Not really something I'd want to do for fun. Here in the USA the rollers make about 70 cents a stick and bunch at the same speed, about 1:30 per, for eight hours to pull minimum wage.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
About another six minutes a pop for the whole wrapping procedure, from pulling out the bag to stacking everything to dry. So ten minutes a stick is prolly a good estimate.

It's hard to compare, cause the real torcedor, he has someone to stem leaves, someone to flatten leaves, someone to dampen leaves, and so forth. You watch the vids, the torcedor has no prep to do. We do.

I should time some parejos.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
That is really nice to see! congratulations. Great price. The blade looked to be in good condition too.
Really good price. I think I was only the second bidder. I may have someone sharpen the blades. One of the six sides has a pretty good nic in it. The others look to be in good shape. Everything else seems to be working and not a lot of rust. It was either used on a regular basis or kept in a very dry place. I consider myself lucky to get it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll see if I can find an image of the stand that came with it. You've seen them mounted to the back of cutting boards.
this is a later one.