Cigar Rolling Equipment for sale

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
SUCCESS

Gonna go visit the guy Tuesday. If you are looking for something in particular, a mold, a tuck cutter, a board, a press, or etc... PM me before Tuesday & let me know what you want & how much you are willing to spend

Says he owned the last hand-rolled cigar factory in PA

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
SUCCESS

Gonna go visit the guy Tuesday. If you are looking for something in particular, a mold, a tuck cutter, a board, a press, or etc... PM me before Tuesday & let me know what you want & how much you are willing to spend

Says he owned the last hand-rolled cigar factory in PA
Torpedo mold: less than don's price

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cleaned up one of several rolling blocks I scored Tuesday:

For scale, I set it on the bamboo cutting board that I have been using all along, and set an architect's rule on it. They all came with a lot of black on them. The old factory guy told me that's beeswax. You see where I cleaned some up. In this second pic you can see how they're constructed -- five slabs of maple an inch and a half thick, joined by three rods with riveted heads.I spose they pound the rods in hot and let them cool to tighten the business. Only one of these boards still has the tuck cutter. I'll have to recondition that.

Basically, when a girl graduated school in one of these little Pennsyltucky towns, her Dad gave her a block, a tuck cutter, a knife, a mold, and a rack ... and there was her livelihood. Like this kit, that our rolling brother spotted on E-prey:

This mold is a parejo; but nearly all the molds were small perfectos, back then. Hard to find any others. I went thru a shelf of molds, and only two were not perfectos The advantage of a fecto, of cours, is you light the tapered end with a match & the rest lights itself from that. It's way more practical than these mandingo parejos you see today. I did score a real nice mold for 5 1/4" x 44rg parejos -- sharpest old mold I have ever seen. Also scored an extra fat fecto mold. Scored one of those knives. Says he has others, but doesn't know where. Did not score a rack.

I'll post some other pics as I clean this stuff up. Wait'll you see the press I grabbed!

I tested out this block cutting binder last night. What a diff! A block where you cut on the end grain is worlds slicker than my bamboo cutting board where you cut across the grain. I'll apply some clean beeswax to beautify and see how that looks.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This parejo mold I scored from Frutiger is without question the sharpest & cleanest antique mold I have ever seen.

A finished gar pops out at 5 3/8" x 46 rg, as you see here. Perfect size for me. This one is a keeper, I think. Love Maks' mold to death; but it's 8" x 50 rg. If I could get Maks to make a 46rg model, I'd unload this and just use the two Maks parejos.

I was playing with the idea of a contrasting leaf as band. What you see there, I thought I might call it the Uppowoc Mourner. Just as I am playing round with this idea, R2knee2 get bad news from Idaho. Her eldest son is going thru his umpteenth heart attack. Fate to be determined Monday. I will prolly have to jet her out there to Idaho tomorrow. So my tasteless Mourner gar jest neener neenered into serious beeswax. Hey, don't breathe a word of this to R2knee2, ya know. She's a mother, so...

Here's the other mold I scored from Frutiger

This one has a wee bit of a flaw on one channel; but otherwise totally sound. I selected this one cause it is a fat 50rg in the middle. Lots plumper than the 44 or 45 typical of these molds. All the rest of his molds, far as the ones I picked over, they were all the standard little fecto molds you see all over.

Let me also show you the small box press I scored:

Stuff about three moldsfull of these small parejos in there tight, with those planks between them, slap the lid shut, and swing that iron bar over the end of the lid to hold it down... like sop

... and leave them to square up. Drawback is you have to roll batches of 30.

Gonna clean this stuff up and put it for sale --- what I can part with, I mean. Loving every minute of this rolling plank. Looks too small after my big tile and bamboo cutting board ... but it's not. It's just right. The diff between cutting against the end grain is impressive. I'll clean up all three and give them a beeswaxing. Got to score some Marvel Mystery Oil, too, to recondition the tuck cutter I got and the press. Wait till you guys see the press!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This parejo mold I scored from Frutiger is without question the sharpest & cleanest antique mold I have ever seen.

A finished gar pops out at 5 3/8" x 46 rg, as you see here. Perfect size for me. This one is a keeper, I think. Love Maks' mold to death; but it's 8" x 50 rg. If I could get Maks to make a 46rg model, I'd unload this and just use the two Maks parejos.

I was playing with the idea of a contrasting leaf as band. What you see there, I thought I might call it the Uppowoc Mourner. Just as I am playing round with this idea, R2knee2 get bad news from Idaho. Her eldest son is going thru his umpteenth heart attack. Fate to be determined Monday. I will prolly have to jet her out there to Idaho tomorrow. So my tasteless Mourner gar jest neener neenered into serious beeswax. Hey, don't breathe a word of this to R2knee2, ya know. She's a mother, so...

Here's the other mold I scored from Frutiger

This one has a wee bit of a flaw on one channel; but otherwise totally sound. I selected this one cause it is a fat 50rg in the middle. Lots plumper than the 44 or 45 typical of these molds. All the rest of his molds, far as the ones I picked over, they were all the standard little fecto molds you see all over.

Let me also show you the small box press I scored:

Stuff about three moldsfull of these small parejos in there tight, with those planks between them, slap the lid shut, and swing that iron bar over the end of the lid to hold it down... like sop

... and leave them to square up. Drawback is you have to roll batches of 30.

Gonna clean this stuff up and put it for sale --- what I can part with, I mean. Loving every minute of this rolling plank. Looks too small after my big tile and bamboo cutting board ... but it's not. It's just right. The diff between cutting against the end grain is impressive. I'll clean up all three and give them a beeswaxing. Got to score some Marvel Mystery Oil, too, to recondition the tuck cutter I got and the press. Wait till you guys see the press!
Nice looking set of items there. Hope things go well for the son.