What's new

Cigar Rolling Equipment for sale

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
New old stock press box? I'll take one.
You got it. PM me your addy. Can't remember what I paid for it. I'll try & get hold of the guy today. Thought he put a penciled list in my hand; but that turns out to be a note he wrote for another purpose --- so we fumbled the hand-off. Either way I'm sure we can make something work. Wasn't much.

Need address

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm brand new to the forum and have only been reading past posts while I wait for a delivery from WLT to compliment my LO order. Some of the items I considered buying on eBay, I found in this exact thread. Anyway, I saw a seller just now who had two dozen tobacco/cigar press boxes, that appear complete and working order, for a reasonable price, so I thought I'd share them here. I just bought one for myself. I'm of course in no way affiliated with the seller, I'm in San Francisco, and you'll see a lot more posts from me in the future.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Wood-10-Drawer-Cigar-3-Day-Dryer-Press-Tobacco-Case-Cabinet-/152111930995

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm brand new to the forum and have only been reading past posts while I wait for a delivery from WLT to compliment my LO order. Some of the items I considered buying on eBay, I found in this exact thread. Anyway, I saw a seller just now who had two dozen tobacco/cigar press boxes, that appear complete and working order, for a reasonable price, so I thought I'd share them here. I just bought one for myself. I'm of course in no way affiliated with the seller, I'm in San Francisco, and you'll see a lot more posts from me in the future.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Wood-10-Drawer-Cigar-3-Day-Dryer-Press-Tobacco-Case-Cabinet-/152111930995
Great! I'll look forward to the share. thanks, some history on your box
http://cigarhistory.info/Cigarmaking/Cigarmaking_tools_II.html
“At Frutiger’s factory,” says Bob Frutiger, “we called these a Cigar Trunk. When machine made cigars were finished we put them in these “trunks” to dry before being cellophaned and packed in trimmed retail cigar boxes. In the old days when all our cigar boxes were made of wood and nailed tightly we did not use trunks. But cardboard boxes would burst when unshaped cigars were packed in them, so the cigar drying trunk was born. We held cigars in the trunk for at least three days. Sometimes we’d hold cigars for up to a month waiting for an order for that particular size and shape. We sold the same cigar under 20 or more different labels.”
[N1179]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My box just arrived today. They're quite well built and sturdy. Still has a strong aroma of tobacco and old dusty barn. I could see something like this being an Etsy artist's wet dream for some kind of project if not used for tobacco.

Id caution any other buyer to examine their box carefully and clean it thoroughly . I saw what looked like glass fiber material dusted on top of my box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TomC -- What do you want a cigar trunk for? Do you intend to roll one or two hundred at a what of exactly the right size then press them square in your trunk?

I'd think a guy would go for a mold first... and stop there.
I have the molds. I bought this primarily for dry boxing and organized storage. I haven't done it yet, but I intend on fashioning some simple cardboard strips to act as runners to prop up each shelf so regardless of cigar ring gauge, there'll be a slight gap between each shelf. And if figured at worst, I could fashion a poor-mans box press just using two shelves and few cans of canned food or something similar for weight and leave the rest of the contraption stored out of the way. Right now it's all a work in progress :)