What's new

Cigar Rolling Equipment for sale

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can you bunch/bind in one sitting then wrap another? It takes me about 4 hours to roll 7 sticks
I never wrap the same day I bunch. I like to rotate the bunches in the mold about six times until there's zero seam-age. A Cuban event roller dude from whom I've bought some leaf says he typically bunches one month before he rolls at the events, going from mold to newspaper. My 50rg mold only has 5 good slots, so if I'm gonna roll a half-wheel over a weekend then that's ten molds-worth of bunches before I get to the rolling. I might spread that bunching over a week, popping out the "dolls" and wrapping them in newspaper.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never wrap the same day I bunch. I like to rotate the bunches in the mold about six times until there's zero seam-age. A Cuban event roller dude from whom I've bought some leaf says he typically bunches one month before he rolls at the events, going from mold to newspaper. My 50rg mold only has 5 good slots, so if I'm gonna roll a half-wheel over a weekend then that's ten molds-worth of bunches before I get to the rolling. I might spread that bunching over a week, popping out the "dolls" and wrapping them in newspaper.
Awesome thanks!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
$62 Antique Dubrul Cigar Holder.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Dubr...-/282418085383

it's a Bundling Rack

From the time a bunch (half-finished cigar waiting for wrapper leaf) first comes out of the mould until the finished smoke rests in a cigar box waiting for shipment out of the factory, it spends a goodly amount of time in a bundling rack ... a tool designed to help cigar makers and packers count and sort cigars. Like many other cigar tools, racks come in a variety of sizes and types to fit the function and working style of the operator. A goodly number of them are designed to fold compactly, easy to move from place to place, because cigar rollers were often required to provide their own tools, and, in general, were restless young men, frequently moving from factory to factory, town to town, following the demand.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Holy Stogie! A month semes extreem!

When rolling perfectos I try to mold no more than two, three hours. That's cause I like the upper barrel of the thing to swell a bit after it comes from the mold. Too long = no swell.

Once I got that habit, I just continued it with parejos. Prolly ought to lengthen mold time for parejos for the same reason I shorten it for fectos.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I never read the newspaper, Bliss... cause I'm already misinformed enough.

I'm timing rolling ten fectos today. So far, 38 minutes to bunch ten fectos, from pulling bags from the coolidor to stashing them back in the coolidors. 3.8 minutes is a lot longer than I thought it would be. Got to pause now to assist R2knee2 with her physical therapy. Then prep wrapper.

It's not that I am averse to long term projects. I pride myself on long term projects. It's just, this is not one. If you can't pop out a gar in a brisk amount of time, I can't see where you're doing it right. The guys & gals doing it for a living, how long do they take?