What's new

Cigar Shack Build w/photos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very NICE!! I've passed right by your place on rt.3 several times. I ride my Honda around lake Erie once a year. Always wondered who lived in that beautiful area.

Dennis

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Only issue I have is that Habs photo hanging on the wall. You may want to take that down and hang up a nice photo of the Bruins.

OldPirate

From the Michigan Posse
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome smoke shack!

Around here that would take a building permit, an accessory structure permit, and a setback variance!

Did you go through all the motions with the local unit of government or "fly under the radar?" ;-)

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Give me that address! lol. Congrats man...enjoy it.
address is in the profile brother, all that's left is to make the trek!

Did you go through all the motions with the local unit of government or "fly under the radar?" ;-)
Went legit all the way. The same builder that did our house did the shed. Didn't require a whole lot as we're in a pretty small town, but we did get a building permit and inspections both by the building and electrical inspectors. Just wasn't worth the risk to spend all that money, try cutting a few simple corners and deal with the hassle or be ordered to tear it down after the fact.

Very nice! I am officially jealous. How much would you say you spent building it all?
I'd ballpark it at around 15-20k - but keep in mind I didn't have to lift a finger for the most part. There's a bunch of things I could have done to cut costs here or there if I had any skill in construction or electrical or any patience for researching stuff. Just so happens I despise manual labor so the cost was likely higher than it needed to be, but that's a-ok with me.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
so you now officially have a "lair" to mastermind the non-newb trade? please please PLEASE do me a favor and let loose a torrent of maniacal laughter next time you go out there to spark one!

oh, and if you couldn't tell, mad props, sir! love it!