What's new

Cigar under the faucet?!?!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
TBH this interested me as there have been a few cigars that I've had that tasted way, way better when they were humidified beyond my 65% setup, most noticeably the Crowned Heads Le Careme that I smoked at a B&M. I'm going to give this a shot to see if I can recreate the flavor profile at home (although that would require buying more which I don't really want to do).

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'm impressed that Chuck have it a go. Kudos! Aside from the burn, did you notice any change in flavor profile?
I hate this cigar ... I’ve tried 3 so far of the line and they were all garbage. The first half of this one was somewhat enjoyable tho. But when I got halfway down it went back to the same earthy disgusting blend.

I’m going to try it with two cigars that I think are more consistent and then see if it’s worth doing often

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I hate this cigar ... I’ve tried 3 so far of the line and they were all garbage. The first half of this one was somewhat enjoyable tho. But when I got halfway down it went back to the same earthy disgusting blend.

I’m going to try it with two cigars that I think are more consistent and then see if it’s worth doing often
Dope! I'm going to give it a try tonight. Not sure on what, though. Maybe a GR88 since it's Warped Wednesday!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The wrapper feels really nice and soft, it is completely dry now. The flavors seem to be more distinct, like they "pop" more. The burn and ash are beautiful.
I'm smoking a Las Calaveras 17 (which I have not liked at all in the past) and I'm really enjoying it after the faucet treatment. And I specifically love how the ash looks after the faucet trick. Makes every cigar burn like an Olivia Melanio.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm smoking a Las Calaveras 17 (which I have not liked at all in the past) and I'm really enjoying it after the faucet treatment. And I specifically love how the ash looks after the faucet trick. Makes every cigar burn like an Olivia Melanio.
I just did it again with a Petrus Oscuro Robusto, it has the burn started a bit uneven but is quickly fixing itself. It has made the flavors really stand out for this one as well. The ash is really nice! It usually flakes with this one, but it is perfect!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Usually I lightly roll the cigar in a paper towel first to absorb any excess moisture. Lighting up a cigar that’s wet to the touch is just weird. But it works well, specifically on vintage sticks or those with more brittle wrappers.

I don’t do it often though. Even though I’ve had decent results, it’s just weird.